Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who was Barbara Jean Pentz? Diplo mourns mom's death one month after losing sister Amy

2023-08-25 21:23
The 44-year-old DJ posted a series of images and an emotional tribute to his mother with his 6.2 million Instagram followers
Who was Barbara Jean Pentz? Diplo mourns mom's death one month after losing sister Amy

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Diplo, the prominent DJ and musician, is mourning the loss of his mother, Barbara Jean Pentz, just one month after the passing of his sister Amy.

He poured out his heart, referring to his mother as his "first love" and the "first woman in my life."

The news struck a chord with his devoted fans and followers as Diplo took to his Instagram, where he boasts a staggering 6.2 million followers.

He shared a series of poignant images, expressing his deep emotions towards his late mother on Thursday, August 24.

Diplo mourns the loss of his mother Barbara Jean Pentz

"Even as a grown man its a cosmic gut punch to lose your mother. When your grow up and u leave home. in a way it’s sad to think but u know mother is always there," he began.

"Even as a man - you would never call on your mom for things but you know somewhere deep inside that she would protect you..she give you your first feeling of security because she gave u a life," he wrote in the emotional post.

What is Diplo's real name?

Born as Thomas Wesley Pentz Jr. on November 10, 1978, and known professionally as Diplo, the LA-based DJ and record producer credited his mom for supporting his career.

He recounted how she nurtured his passion for music from its infancy. "My mom really loved my art. she didn’t even understand it all but she loved everything. She gave me all the confidence in the world & she supported me with all her energy. even when i broke and had nothing," he continued.

Amid his grief, Diplo also revealed that his family had experienced another painful loss – the passing of his sister Amy in July. ''I think she brought our family together more than we have ever been," he wrote.

"My mom was suffering a lot in her soul but also her body was fighting a fight she wasn't going to win," he explained.

"Momma knew me and my dad & my sister Kelly are ok. she knows we are good we gave her that peace. My dad held her hand at the last breath. they been married since high school," he recalled.

"We are safe but she needed to be with my sister Amy somewhere better. I miss you Barbara Jean, you were the brightest light in my life, I just had a ten minute cry in the bathroom at CDG airport sorry to the Janitor," he concluded.

How many Grammys has Diplo won?

The American DJ, songwriter, and music producer has achieved accolades on multiple fronts, securing a total of five distinguished awards.

Notable among them are the MTV Video Music Award in 2015, a Grammy Award in 2015, another Grammy Award in 2018, a third Grammy Award in 2015, and an American Music Award in 2015.

Tags news