Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'It was a perfect day': Jon Hamm opens up about tying the knot with Anna Osceola on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'

2023-11-30 19:25
On Jimmy Kimmel's show, Jon Hamm gushed over his and Anna Osceola's wedding and shared the experience of spending his first Thanksgiving after marriage
'It was a perfect day': Jon Hamm opens up about tying the knot with Anna Osceola on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Jon Hamm appeared on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' on Tuesday, November 29, and opened up about his wedding with Anna Osceola, his former 'Mad Men' costar, painting a picture of what he described as a "perfect day."

Hamm and Osceola reportedly tied the knot on June 24 in a star-studded ceremony at the picturesque Anderson Canyon in Big Sur, California, graced by numerous celebrity friends, including Billy Crudup, Paul Rudd, and Tina Fey, as reported by TMZ.

Jon Hamm gushes over his wedding day

Speaking to Jimmy Kimmel about his wedding, Jon Hamm said, "It was very exciting. We did it this summer in beautiful Big Sur. It was a perfect day. It was very sparsely attended, by our decision; it was small. And man, it was great."

In a light-hearted comment about tying the knot at 52, he quipped, "It only took me half a century but I figured I might as well get it right, so there you go."

Hamm shared an interesting tidbit about their wedding venue, which was the same location where the finale of 'Mad Men' was filmed. This was particularly significant as it was during this show that the couple first met. He described this coincidence as a "full-circle moment."

"It came all the way around," stated Hamm, and Kimmel jokingly asked, "I don’t know why, but the first thing I wonder when I hear a story like that is did they give a discount?"

"Yes!" noted Hamm, laughing and continued, "It was great. It had changed hands since the time [of the show's finale] — this was about nine years ago, so it had changed hands. But it's still a beautiful piece of property, right on the Pacific Ocean."

The 'Fargo' actor added, "We got married on a cliff and we chose to walk the correct way after we got married."

Jon Hamm and Anna Osceola celebrate their first Thanksgiving as a married couple

Jon Hamm also shared insights into the recent celebration of their first Thanksgiving as a married couple.

"I'm in charge of the turkeys and we had two because we had 15 people at our house. One was 18 [pounds] and one was 16 [pounds]," detailed Hamm, adding, "And here is why I love my wife, too: We got the turkeys and I'm pulling them out of the thing and I’m wrestling them into the brine and she goes, 'I don’t think we have enough turkey'."

The actor noted, "I was like, 'We have plenty of turkey! We have well over 36 pounds of turkey,' whatever it is. And we had plenty. We had leftovers, we had sandwiches, we had soup, it was great. It’s my favorite holiday because there is so much good food."

'Jimmy Kimmel Live' fans react to Jon Hamm talking about his wedding

Soon after a clip of the conversation between Jon Hamm and Jimmy Kimmel was uploaded to YouTube, fans flooded the comment section with delightful messages, reflecting their love and admiration for the couple.

One wrote, "Mad Men not only ignited Jon Hamm's career but also found him the love of his life who became his wife. That's truly remarkable and so sweet, so happy for him."

Another said, "Jon Hamm is the best! So cute and funny, humble. How he didn't laugh while he read that. Haahahah."

"CONGRATULATIONS on your nuptials Mr. Hamm," stated a person.

A user noted, "This is probably the best interview on Jimmy Kimmel Live in about... oh, a decade, maybe?" while someone else commented, "Jon has taken on a handsome debonair look, I would say marriage suits him."