Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Tyler Perry names new documentary 'Maxine’s Baby: The Tyler Perry Story' after his late mother

2023-11-08 08:49
The actor-filmmaker made an appearance on ‘The View,’ to promote his new documentary named after her beloved mom, 'Maxine’s Baby: The Tyler Perry Story'
Tyler Perry names new documentary 'Maxine’s Baby: The Tyler Perry Story' after his late mother

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Tyler Perry struggled to control his emotions while talking about his late mother Willie Maxine.

The actor-filmmaker made an appearance on ‘The View,’ to promote his new documentary named after her beloved mom, 'Maxine’s Baby: The Tyler Perry Story.'

Sara Haines' comments make Tyler emotional

Host Sara Haines, having watched the documentary, commended Perry for embodying every principle she's ever embraced in her faith and spirituality, and she expressed, "You're truly remarkable."

She conveyed to Tyler that she felt like she truly got to know Maxine through the film, emphasizing that she had no prior knowledge of her, and this deeply touched Tyler.

“OK, wait a minute. … You met my mother through [the doc]? Wow,” the 24-year-old said. “Thank you.”

“To say that you met her through that, that takes me somewhere because she — this woman endured so much pain and she didn’t have some legacy, but she had me,” the 'Madea’s Family Reunion' star added.

“To say that I was able to introduce her to you — you got me there, man. I’m sorry. … Lord, have mercy.”

The Co-host lauds Tyler's documentary

The show's co-host expressed gratitude to Tyler for "sharing" his mother's story with the public and delved into the 'Gone Girl' actor's tumultuous childhood, marked by "a lot of trauma."

Nonetheless, Tyler was not prepared to continue, as he was overwhelmed with emotions. "I'm sorry, guys," he expressed.

"You really caught me off guard there. I'm sorry. I need a moment to collect myself," he mentioned, referring to the fact that she had genuinely connected with his mother, as reported by PageSix.

Tyler continued, “I just imagine a woman who’s lived her life with so much pain and she was always worried about everybody else and, I think, I watched her get sick, I watched her get cancer, I watched her get all of these things because her intention was, ‘Are you happy?’ ‘Are you OK?'”

‘If Loving You Is Wrong’ actor added, “She never thought that she was important and she never thought that anybody would care, so to say that this documentary that [filmmakers] Gelila [Bekele] and Armani [Ortiz] did about my life introduces her to the world, that moves me because she was very much that special to me.”

In an interview with People in 2019, Tyler shared his childhood days, “I don’t think I ever felt safe or protected as a child.”

Tags news