Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Relationship timeline of Natalie Portman and husband Benjamin Millepied amid alleged cheating rumor

2023-06-03 16:58
Natalie Portman and her ballet dancer hubby Benjamin Millepied fell in love on the set of 'Black Swan'
Relationship timeline of Natalie Portman and husband Benjamin Millepied amid alleged cheating rumor

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: When they first met on the set of 'Black Swan', Natalie Portman felt Benjamin Millepied was "the person" for her. "I think I was in, like, dreamland." In a June 2018 interview with 'Sirius XM Town Hall', Portman recalled getting to know her husband during filming the psychological thriller as being "pretty... it seemed pretty fun the whole time." The 'Star Wars' actress continued by expressing uncertainty as to whether or not she felt an "instant" bond with the French dancer.

On August 4, 2022, Portman and Millepied celebrated 10 years of their marriage. After more than ten years of marriage, they appeared to be inseparable, but on Friday, June 2, it was revealed that Portman's French choreographer husband Millepied had an affair with a 25-year-old.

After learning of her husband's extramarital affair, Portman's connection with Millepied became strained. Let's take a look at the timeline of Natalie Portman and Benjamin Millepied's relationship, from 'Black Swan' to parenthood.

2009: Portman and Millepied fell in love

In 2009, Portman appeared in 'Black Swan', and Millepied was brought on board to choreograph. Portman asserted that after their initial encounter on set, she began falling for Millepied as he taught her to dance. She claimed that although making the movie might have been difficult, Millepied made it "pretty fun," as per People.

"I met my husband on it … We had a whole, like, he was teaching me to dance … It was definitely exciting and fun. It was beautiful. I don't know about instant. It was like I really got to know him and that was when it seemed like, "Oh this is the person," Portman said in a SiriusXM Town Hall interview.

2010: They announced their engagement and pregnancy

Before the 'Black Swan' movie's debut, Portman and Millepied were frequently seen together before openly admitting their relationship. The couple declared their engagement and impending pregnancies. At the time, a source close to Portman claimed that the pregnancy "was a bit of a shock." The source added, "He proposed after they found out. They are happy, and all is right."

After the announcement of the pregnancy and impending wedding, Portman released a statement in which she said, "I have always kept my private life private but I will say that I am indescribably happy and feel very grateful to have this experience."

2011: They welcomed their first child and made red carpet debut

Portman and Millepied made their red carpet debut at the 83rd Oscars (2011) Academy Awards two months after announcing their engagement. Portman received the Best Actress award for her performance in 'Black Swan'. During her acceptance speech, she gave Millepied a heartfelt nod and said, "To my love, Benjamin Millepied, who choreographed the film and has now given me my most important role of my life."

They welcomed their first child together, son Aleph, in June 2011. The 'No Strings Attached' actress said to Elle UK in September 2013, "I love being a mum, but it’s much more intensive work than being an actress – going to work feels like you’ve got a day off."

2012: Portman and Millepied got hitched

On August 4, 2012, Portman and Millepied exchanged vows in front of loved ones at a beachfront house in Big Sur, California, just over a year after welcoming Aleph.

2014 - 2016: Second pregnancy and working together

The family moved to Paris in 2014 after Millepied got a position as the director of the Paris Opera Ballet. Portman supported Millepied in 2016 by attending the Opening Season Paris Opera Ballet Gala. The family relocated back to the United States soon after Millepied left his position with the Paris Opera Ballet.

Portman made her second pregnancy announcement in September 2016 when she appeared with a baby bump at the Venice Film Festival premiere of her film 'Planetarium'. She displayed her developing belly as she walked the red carpet in a snug white gown.

Although Portman and Millepied have collaborated multiple times, Millepied told Vanity Fair that they generally prefer to keep their jobs distinct. He said that the fact that they both pursue different artistic careers is good for their relationship.

2017 - 2018: They welcomed their daughter and teamed up for 'Vox Lux'

The couple welcomed their second child, a girl named Amalia, on February 22, 2017. Portman's representative told PEOPLE around a week after the couple had the baby girl.

Early in 2018, Portman agreed to star in 'Vox Lux', in which she played a popstar who achieves popularity through a peculiar and tragic series of events. Later, Portman assisted in securing Millepied as the choreographer for the movie's dance sequences.

2020 - 2021: They celebrated eight years of marriage

Portman shared a romantic now-deleted Instagram photo in honor of her and Millepied's eighth wedding anniversary in 2020.

In late 2020, while the actress started work on 'Thor: Love and Thunder', Portman and Millepied temporarily moved to Australia. At both the 'Thor: Love and Thunder' premieres in Los Angeles and London, Millepied was present to support his wife.

2022: Portman and Millepied celebrated 10 years of marriage

In an Instagram post celebrating their tenth wedding anniversary, Portman posted a black-and-white image of themselves holding hands. "Ten years today @benjaminmillepied, and it keeps getting better…," the actress said in the post.

Another photo was posted on Millepied's Instagram Story to commemorate their special day. He captioned the image "10 years today!" and included a wedding ring emoji. He also added the lyrics to Barbara's French song 'Du Bout des Levres'.

2023: Sources revealed Millepied allegedly had an extramarital affair

Voici, a French publication, claims that Millepied had an illicit affair. "It was short-lived and it is over," a source told PEOPLE. "He knows he made an enormous mistake and he is doing all he can to get Natalie to forgive him and keep their family together."

"They have not split and are trying to work things out," said a source close to the couple. "Ben is doing everything he can to get Natalie to forgive him. He loves her and their family."

The insider continued, "Natalie is incredibly private and has no intention of playing this out in the media. Her biggest priority is protecting her children and their privacy."