Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'It's our day now': Billie Lourd remembers Carrie Fisher on Mother's Day with heartfelt social media post

2023-05-15 17:51
'Even though it's been over 6 years since she died, when I first wake up, this still feels like her day - not mine,' Billie Lourd wrote
'It's our day now': Billie Lourd remembers Carrie Fisher on Mother's Day with heartfelt social media post

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Billie Lourd paid tribute to her late mother Carrie Fisher on Mother's Day. Lourd shared a heartfelt message on Instagram with a photo of her mother and herself to honor the 'Star Wars' actress.

Lourd, 30, shared a throwback photo of herself and her mother joining hands in a serene yoga prayer position in remembrance of the special day, along with a statement that included some thoughts about her mother. She wrote in the caption of the post, "Even though I've been a mom for almost 3 years and now have 2 kids of my own the first thing I think of when I hear happy Mother's Day is her. Even though it's been over 6 years since she died, when I first wake up, this still feels like her day - not mine. But as the day goes on I remember it is my day too now."

RELATED ARTICLES

'I wish Momby was here': Billie Lourd is sad that late mom Carrie Fisher won't get to see grandchildren

'It's heartbreaking': Carrie Fisher's brother Todd upset after being snubbed from actress' posthumous Walk of Fame ceremony

'It's our day now'

Fisher added, "I am a mother to two magical little creatures that I adore to my core, and there is nothing that brings me more joy than being their mother. And even though she's not here, it's still her day. It's our day now. And that is both sad and weirdly beautiful at the same time. With the magic of life comes the reality of grief. It is all intertwined. Mother's Day can be many things."

"So like I say every year. Happy Mother's Day but also griefy / sad / lonely / estranged / frustrated / etc Mother's Day! Mixed Emotions Mother's Day!!! (Hallmark or whoever else makes cards out there - y'all should make that a card!!!) Sending my love to anyone and everyone out there who needs it. You are not alone," Lourd concluded.

When and how did Carrie Fisher die?

Fisher died on December 26, 2016, at the age of 60, from a heart attack she had while flying. Fisher was cremated, and her ashes were dispersed in an urn that resembled one of her favorite objects—a Prozac table, as MEAWW previously reported.

'Their actions were very hurtful to me'

Fisher received a posthumous star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Thursday, May 4, a day which has come to be known as Star Wars Day by fans of the film series. However, none of Fisher's biological siblings received invitations. Lourd asserted that the reason her mother's siblings were not invited to her posthumous Walk of Fame ceremony was because they attempted to "capitalize" the actress' death.

Lourd said, "Days after my mom died, her brother and her sister chose to process their grief publicly and capitalize on my mother's death, by doing multiple interviews and selling individual books for a lot of money, with my mom and my grandmother's deaths as the subject," according to Variety.

"I found out they had done this through the press. They never consulted me or considered how this would affect our relationship. Though I recognize they have every right to do whatever they choose, their actions were very hurtful to me at the most difficult time in my life. I chose to and still choose to deal with her loss in a much different way," Lourd concluded.

Tags news