Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'This is a must see': Fans excited as Leonardo DiCaprio makes a comeback with Martin Scorsese's 'Killers of the Flower Moon'

2023-05-19 16:47
'It looks great! Which to be clear I expected it to do. But I'm just interested in how big it's gonna be,' one person tweeted
'This is a must see': Fans excited as Leonardo DiCaprio makes a comeback with Martin Scorsese's 'Killers of the Flower Moon'

OSAGE COUNTY, OKLAHOMA: Leonardo DiCaprio returns to the big screen in the eagerly anticipated 'Killers Of The Flower Moon' first trailer, which was unveiled on Thursday, May 18, just a few weeks after a glimpse was shown at CinemaCon. The film explores the true story of the reign of terror that took the lives of many Native Americans.

The new trailer shows DiCaprio's character Ernest Burkhart traveling to Oklahoma, where members of the native Osage Nation tribe live, falling in love with Mollie Kyle (Lily Gladstone), and being questioned by Officer Tom White (Jesse Plemons), according to DailyMail. Additionally, Robert De Niro plays William Hale, a cattleman, and uncle to DiCaprio's Burkhart. This film is DiCaprio's latest big-screen film since Quentin Tarantino's 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood' in 2019. He also had a role in the Netflix-streamed movie 'Don't Look Up' from 2021.

READ MORE

Michael Douglas says he and Leonardo DiCaprio feel they no longer have privacy due to social media

The Wolf of Hollywood: Inside the sex, parties and lawsuits of Leonardo DiCaprio’s rogue boy gang ‘Pussy Posse’

When will 'Killers Of The Flower Moon' release?

The film 'Killers Of The Flower Moon' will have its world premiere on Saturday, May 20 at the 76th Cannes Film Festival before getting a limited release on Friday, October 6 in a few theaters, according to DailyMail. Later, on October 20, Paramount Pictures will give it a wider release in the US. A streaming release on Apple TV+ is also planned, though the exact date is still unknown.

The film is based on David Grann's 2017 nonfiction book of the same name. The Osage Nation is the subject of 'Killers Of The Flower Moon', which focuses on a little-known period of American history. It is based on the FBI's investigation into a string of killings that occurred after many Osage tribe members in Oklahoma were massacred and is set in the 1920s.

'I see DiCaprio... I buy a ticket'

Many people shared their views about the new trailer of 'Killers Of The Flower Moon' on Twitter. One person wrote, "Oh my i can only imagine what they’re going to show! I will be watching but i feel very sorry for my Native American ancestors."

Another person wrote, "It looks great! Which to be clear I expected it to do. But I'm just interested in how big it's gonna be." A third person wrote, "I'm a simple man. I see DiCaprio... I buy a ticket." This other person wrote, "I'll definitely be watching. But Leo's accent is going to grate on me the entire time. It's awful."

One individual tweeted, "I've been waiting for this movie for too long!!!" A sixth person wrote, "Scorsese doesn’t miss so this is a must see." Another person sharing a scene from the trailer wrote, "First I was thinking: 'where's the mafia and crime??' Then I saw this Peak cinema."

This article contains remarks made on the internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online