Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Golfer Hailey Ostrom slams Olivia Dunne and other influencers for 'excessive' photoshopping: 'It looks dumb'

2023-09-24 20:55
'I’m going to calm down, but seriously someone needs to stand up to this and I will,' said Hailey Ostrom
Golfer Hailey Ostrom slams Olivia Dunne and other influencers for 'excessive' photoshopping: 'It looks dumb'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Professional golfer Hailey Ostrom has had enough of the pervasive use of Photoshop among social media influencers, and she didn't mince words when addressing the issue, even singling out LSU gymnast Olivia Dunne for her alleged reliance on photo editing her snaps.

Ostrom, who boasts a substantial following across various platforms, used TikTok and X to make her official complaint.

At 29 years old, with over a million followers across multiple platforms, Hailey Ostrom is no stranger to the world of social media influence. However, she's distinguished herself by her commitment to authenticity.

Golfer Hailey Ostrom takes a stand against Photoshop culture on social media

In a recent video shared with her TikTok audience of more than 500k followers and subsequently posted on X, she took aim at the excessive use of Photoshop and filters in the influencer sphere.

The video in question highlighted Olivia Dunne's alleged use of Photoshop to alter her images, an issue that has surfaced multiple times in the past.

“We need to talk about this so listen up. This is not just about Livvy Dunne. I know a lot of people do this, but this one really pissed me off today,” she says.

“This Photoshopping issue has gotten so out of control. To the point where Livvy Dunne is caught Photoshopping the length of her hair… huh?”

She continued, “First of all that just sounds like the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. But also, this is sending such a message to the next generation of girls and women, they’re already struggling with this unattainable idea of perfection.”

Hailey Ostrom's blunt critique calls out excessive use of Photoshop

Golfer Hailey Ostrom has taken a bold stand against the rampant use of Photoshop in the world of social media influencers, with LSU gymnast Olivia Dunne at the center of her critique.

Ostrom's impassioned message, delivered via TikTok and X, confronts the harmful impact of digitally altered images on self-esteem and body image perceptions.

Ostrom's critique spared no punches as she said, “Whoever this applies to, you edit your photos so much, you make your stomach so small, you make your waist so small, your butt so big, your chest bigger, your hair longer that women and girls are looking at that thinking I’m not good enough. I’m not small enough. My butt’s not big enough. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard,” Hailey explains.

“I’m going to calm down, but seriously someone needs to stand up to this and I will, but I want more people to stand up to this because it’s sad. So there’s really no excuse for it. Enough with the Photoshop. Stop, you look dumb. It looks dumb,” she concluded.

Tags news