Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who are 'Love Island USA’ Season 5's runners-up? Fans call Peacock show 'rigged' after Kassy Castillo and Leonardo Dionicio don't win

2023-08-28 11:45
Hannah Wright and Marco Donatelli were announced as the winners of 'Love Island USA’ Season 5
Who are 'Love Island USA’ Season 5's runners-up? Fans call Peacock show 'rigged' after Kassy Castillo and Leonardo Dionicio don't win

PACIFIC HARBOUR, FIJI: Kassy Castillo and Leonardo Dionicio came in second in 'Love Island USA' Season 5' finale. With Hannah Wright and Marco Donatelli being announced as the winners, Kassy and Leo became the runners-up of the show.

Carmen Kocourek and Kenzo Nudo came in the fourth, while Taylor Smith and Carsten 'Bergie' Bergersen bagged the third spot.

It seems fans were not very happy with the fact that Kassy and Leo were announced as the runners-up. Many expected the couple to be announced as the winner of the show. As the same did not happen, fans called 'Love Island USA' Season 5 "rigged".

Was 'Love Island USA' Season 5 'rigged'?

Many fans believed Kassy and Leo deserved to win the show. The couple provided all the entertainment that a dating show needed.

They had chemistry since the beginning of the show. However, in the middle, we saw the couple being distracted.

In the Casa Amor twist, we saw Leo being distracted as bombshell Johnnie Olivia walked into the villa. This led to a lot of drama.

Thankfully, Leo soon realized what he was doing wrong and went back to Kassy. After several attempts, he won Kassy's heart and the couple got back together.

As Kassy and Leo did not win despite all the interesting content they gave to the show, a fan tweeted, "KASSY & LEO SHOULD HAVE WON! Most entertaining and a connection!!! Sorry not sorry!"

Another wrote, "I kind wish kassy and leo won so she couldve turned around and took the whole $100k from leo." Furthermore, a fan claimed, "Bro this s**t is really blowing mine like Leo & Kassy shoulda won."

A furious fan wrote, "Do wish it was Kassy and Leo but it’s whatever I’m over this season."

Another tweeted, "Hannah & Marco winning is underwhelming. They brought nothing to this season. The most exciting thing Marco did was get caught picking his nose and eating it. Kassy & Leo should have won. Byeeeee."

'Love Island USA' Season 5's runner-up Leonardo Dionicio asks Kassy Castillo to be his GF

In the finale episode, we saw Marco confessing to Kassy, "All I want to be with and all I want to do everything with is just with you."

He then went on to claim, "I truly found my best friend here."

Marco then asked Kassy to be his girlfriend as he said, "I was contemplating this for a while now, Kassy Maricela Castillo would you like to be my girlfriend?"

To this, Kassy laughed with excitement and said, "Of course" and they kissed.

'Love Island USA' Season 5 is available to stream on Peacock.