Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Kevin Bacon launches new podcast inspired by 'Six Degrees,' says, 'If you can't beat 'em, join 'em'

2023-09-10 01:46
he mission of both is to encourage people to make a difference in the world around them and will help them to lean in, learn and be inspired to act
Kevin Bacon launches new podcast inspired by 'Six Degrees,' says, 'If you can't beat 'em, join 'em'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Kevin Bacon has recognized the success of his non-profit organization Six Degrees!

The ‘Mystic River’ star has now decided to expand his charity work and launched a new podcast show named ‘Six Degrees with Kevin Bacon.’

The announcement came on the ‘International Day of Charity’ which was celebrated on September 5.

The founder of SixDegrees.org, said, "The mission of both is to encourage people to make a difference in the world around them and will help them to lean in, learn and be inspired to act."

Who will feature in Kevin Bacon’s new podcast?

The first guest on the show will be actor Mark Ruffalo and many fellow actors will be joining the host Kevin.

The other celebrities on the list include Matthew McConaughey, Jewel, Thomas Rhett, and Bear Grylls, as of now.

"A lot of people who are either working with those foundations, or actually literally on the ground doing good work for the world, that really don't get a voice," Bacon told People.

The 65-year-old continued, "You hear celebrities speak and you see them all the time, but the people that do the actual groundwork get a chance to really share their experience. So we thought, 'Why not combine those two things?'"

What is the theme of 'Six Degrees with Kevin Bacon' podcast?

Kevin gave an insight on what to expect from the show. “First part of each episode is fun and a little bit lighter,” he said.

"Then we also introduce and bring on these good folks who work with these famous people. They can talk about not only the causes, but also, I'm always struck with what makes somebody want to do that with their lives — what makes somebody want to spend their life giving back? I like to dive into that and get some insight about that," he continued.

Excited to bring A-listers on his podcast, Kevin shared, "There's a pretty wide variety. It's fun because I get to shoot the breeze with some of these people."

Kevin also feels more of a sense of pride and his mindset is, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."

Acknowledging the challenges of hosting a podcast, the ‘They/Them’ star said, "I've done countless interviews myself, but being on the other side of it is a whole new experience for me."

Kevin reflected on his 'Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon' game show too. "I think we would be better to each other and feel less of a sense of division if we just remembered that we all climbed out of the same swamp, essentially. So in that way, I think 'Six Degrees' is actually a really positive thing. We just have to make it about people, and not just about Kevin Bacon," he said.

Tags news epcelebs