Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Just give her the Grammy': Michelle Williams praised for soulful narration of Britney Spears' bombshell memoir

2023-10-25 18:21
'The Woman in Me' is Michelle Williams' first audiobook, and the 'Fabelmans' star said 'I stand with Britney' in a statement of support
'Just give her the Grammy': Michelle Williams praised for soulful narration of Britney Spears' bombshell memoir

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Fans cannot get over Michelle Williams’ narration of Britney Spears’ memoir 'The Woman in Me', calling for her to be awarded the Grammy for the performance.

A clip that went viral on the Internet has the five-time Oscar-nominated actress mimicking Justin Timberlake in a cringey quote.

Spears wrote in the book that her former boyfriend, Timberlake, “tried too hard” to fit in with black artists. Recalling an interaction between the 'Cry Me a River' singer and the 'Pony' singer Ginuwine, Spears claimed, "J got all excited and said, so loud, ‘Oh yeah, fo shiz, fo shiz! Ginuwiiiine! What’s up, homie?’”

A user on X summed up the entire Internet's reaction to hearing Williams read the lines as, "Five time academy award nominee michelle williams saying “fo-shiz fo-shiz what’s up homie!” is art."

'The Woman in Me' was published on October 24

The book is brought out by Gallery Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster.

People reported in early October that Michelle Williams would be lending her voice to the audiobook, with Britney reading the introductory section.

"This book has been a labor of love and all the emotions that come with it. Reliving everything has been exciting, heart-wrenching, and emotional, to say the least. For those reasons, I will only be reading a small part of my audiobook. I am so grateful to the amazing Michelle Williams for reading the rest of it," Britney reportedly stated.

This happens to be Williams' first audiobook, and the 'Fabelmans' star said “I stand with Britney” in a statement of her support for the Grammy-winning singer.

Netizens applaud Michelle Williams' reading of 'The Woman in Me'

Multiple users on X have been calling for a Grammy for the actress, as the following tweets show.

"Like I was not prepared for this specific part in the book 😂 In all seriousness, give Michelle Williams the Grammy already, she was phenomenal narrating Britney’s memoir 👏🏼" someone wrote.

"No cause Michelle Williams narrating the memoir is truly dusting me. the switch up in cadence, tone etc lol just give her the grammy," another wrote.

A tweet read, "Michelle williams narrating britney's memoir is a stroke of genius actually, i never doubted her ✨"

"Michelle Williams narrating Britney’s memoir gives me Taylor-on-the-town-with-Sophie vibes," another claimed.

"Michelle Williams narrating Britney Spears’ memoir is a revelation. Truly phenomenal and sets the tenor so well. You cannot not take her seriously," someone else noted.

Tags news