Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Harrison Ford opens up about life and his iconic career at 80: 'Never wanted to be rich and famous'

2023-06-14 02:29
'You are certainly physically diminished by age but there are wonderful things about age,' said Harrison Ford
Harrison Ford opens up about life and his iconic career at 80: 'Never wanted to be rich and famous'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Hollywood superstardom was not something that famed actor Harrison Ford, known for his iconic performances in movies like 'Star Wars' and 'Indiana Jones', ever desired. Ford initially hoped to just support himself as an actor, but his career has lasted for five decades and brought in close to $10 billion globally.

“I never thought that I would be a leading man,” he told People as the actor approaches his 81st birthday. He also appears one last time in 'Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny', the role that helped him become a legend.

'I really was just hoping I could make a living'

"I really was just hoping I could make a living as an actor and not have to supplement my income with some other side hustle… I thought I would be lucky to have a character part on a regular TV show,” he further told the media outlet. Ford's reprisal of 'Indiana Jones' for one last adventure holds a sentimental place in his heart. At the film's world premiere at Cannes, Ford was honored with a Palme d'Or for lifetime achievement and received overwhelming applause. "I wanted to see him rally for one last adventure,” he told the publication before adding, “I was just trying to keep myself composed,” he says. “There was very generous applause from the crowd [and] it was positive and humbling and nice.”

'I probably enjoy making movies more now than I ever did'

Ford turns 81 in July but hasn't lost the love for movies as he states, “I probably enjoy making movies more now than I ever did,” but acknowledges that age takes a toll. He tore a shoulder muscle on the second day of filming 'Indiana Jones', and he's still healing from it, but he has no desire to go back in time. “I don’t want to be young again,” he said.

'I never wanted to be rich and famous...I just wanted to be an actor'

He further adds, “You are certainly physically diminished by age but there are wonderful things about age—richness of experience, the full weight of all the time you’ve been spending getting to being old— and there’s a certain ease in it for me.” Despite his remarkable career, Ford remains humble and grounded. “No one ever believes this, but I never wanted to be rich and famous,” he said before adding, "I just wanted to be an actor." Ford has been married to actress Calista Flockhart, 58, since 2010 and is a father of five children. “I was young, and now I enjoy being old," added Ford.

'I saw a lot of great actors having fun...so I thought...I want some of this!'

Ford is busier than ever right now. This year, he made a splash on television with two successful programs such as 'Shrinking' on Apple TV+ and the 'Yellowstone' prequel '1923' on Paramount+. He recently finished filming 'Captain America: Brave New World', his first in the Marvel world. “I saw a lot of great actors having fun, so I thought, ‘Hey, I want some of this!’” said Ford before adding “I am very gratified that I still have the opportunities that I have to work, and I owe that to the audience.”

Tags news epcelebs