Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who will win the 2028 presidential election? Joe Rogan bets on Tucker Carlson against Donald Trump

2023-08-08 16:20
Joe Rogers says Tucker Carlson might win the presidency in 2028 if he decides to run
Who will win the 2028 presidential election? Joe Rogan bets on Tucker Carlson against Donald Trump

AUSTIN, TEXAS: During a recent episode of 'The Joe Rogan Experience', podcaster Joe Rogan expressed his views on conservative political commentator Tucker Carlson running for president in 2028. He predicted that if the former Fox host were to jump into the fray, he would be tough competition for former president Donald Trump. Rogan also predicted that Carlson would win the presidential election in 2028 if he decides to run.

Carlson has been mentioned as a possible Republican presidential candidate in the future. His embrace of right-wing populism and culture war concerns helped him create a national audience on Fox News, where he hosted 'Tucker Carlson Tonight' for seven years before departing the cable news network in April.

If Tucker went to run in 2028, he could win'

Carlson resignation from Fox News raised speculation about whether he will run for president in 2024. However, Rogan argued he would be a stronger contender in four years. Rogan believes Carlson would be a tough candidate in the 2028 presidential election, implying that the former Fox News anchor could be the appropriate Republican candidate to carry on the Trumpian legacy in the White House. Donald Trump is currently being regarded as the GOP frontrunner in the 2024 presidential election.

Rogan stated, "If Tucker went to run in 2028, he could win. He really could win. Because it would kind of be carrying those policies. But also, he's sort of a no-nonsense guy who exposes b***s**t in a kind of humorous way. In a very insightful and biting way."

Rogan stated that he does not know if Carlson has presidential ambitions or if he prefers to remain a commentator. Carlson presently conducts a show on X, formerly known as Twitter, where he discusses political issues and interviews prominent conservatives. Carlson, according to Rogan, might be a viable contender since he knows "the insides and outsides" of politics from his years as a commentator.

Rogan went on to say, "I guess he would probably have at least an idea of how you would do it differently and better. And he's also got a very popular voice." Despite appeals from certain conservatives, Carlson has previously suggested that he would be unlikely to run for president. A Twitter user shared Rogan's clip saying, "Joe Rogan thinks Tucker Carlson could run and win the Presidency in 2028."

'My ambition is to write my script'

Carlson remarked in an interview with Semafor in July 2022, "I have zero ambition, not just politically, but in life." He further added, "My ambition is to write my script by 8pm, and I'm not just saying that, ask anyone who works with me or knows me."

While Carlson remains popular within the Republican Party's conservative base, it is unclear whether he will be able to entice more moderate, suburban voters who defected during the Trump period. Furthermore, Carlson has come under fire from Democrats and even some Republicans for his positions on a variety of issues, including the anticipated Capitol riot on January 6, 2021, and the ongoing Russia-Ukraine war.