Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Did Christina Aguilera and Tony Bennett ever work together? 'Beautiful' singer shares throwback pics as tribute after legendary pop vocalist's death

2023-07-23 15:24
'Tony's immense contributions to the industry will forever resonate with us all,' Christina Aguilera stated in her tribute to Tony Bennett
Did Christina Aguilera and Tony Bennett ever work together? 'Beautiful' singer shares throwback pics as tribute after legendary pop vocalist's death

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Christina Aguilera paid tribute to iconic singer Tony Bennett, who died on Friday, July 21, at his home in New York City at 96. Notably, the 'Beautiful' singer was among the few younger stars to witness the consummate collaborator at work firsthand.

Aguilera took to Instagram, posting a series of photos from the duo's performance. The pop artist wrote, "Saddened by the loss of a true music icon, Tony Bennett. Tony's immense contributions to the industry will forever resonate with us all. Cherishing the memories of our personal collaborations. His voice, his talent, and his passion for music will never be forgotten," as a tribute to Bennett.

Did Christina Aguilera and Tony Bennett ever work together?

Bennett made a point to work with several emerging talents, including Amy Winehouse (Body And Soul), Lady Gaga (The Lady Is A Tramp), Michael Buble (Don't Get Around Much Anymore), and John Legend (Sing You Sinners), as per Daily Mail. Aguilera received a call to record the Irving Berlin classic 'Steppin'Out With My Baby' with Bennett when she was away promoting her seventh studio album, 'Lotus', according to the Arts & Culture section of The National News.

The duo worked on the song for Bennett's album, 'Duets: An American Classic from 2006', performing the iconic track during the 59th Primetime Emmy Awards in 2007. Aguilera and Bennett again collaborated on the same track in 2012 for his album 'Viva Duets'. Moreover, both musicians have always professed respect and admiration for one another's abilities and professional paths.

'Perfect duet! RIP Tony!'

Fans quickly reacted to Aguilera's Instagram post, sharing their condolences for Bennett. "Thank you for posting about this Christina… I really appreciate it. I’m a huge fan of yours and Gaga and when I listened to cheek to cheek and love for sale I listened to all his albums. All the best to you and stefani," a fan commented. "One of the absolute greatest of all time. 💔💔💔," said another, with one mentioning, "Thank God that's all on video to save for other generations." "I so think his vocals are perfect!!!," noted one user, and another complimented Aguilera, stating, "Her voice is 1000% better than Beyonce! Perfect duet! RIP Tony!"