Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How tall is Kevin Durant? Basketball player lied about his height

2023-08-23 18:23
Kevin Durant was previously listed as being 6 ft 9 in by NBA but told women he was 7 ft tall
How tall is Kevin Durant? Basketball player lied about his height

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Kevin Durant’s height has currently been mentioned as 6 ft 10 in (2.08 m or 208 cm). His height has always been a topic of interest among his fans.

The Phoenix Suns’ player’s striking personality is not just the reason behind his popularity. Many fans previously suspected he was taller than his 6 ft 9 in (2.06 m or 206 cm) listed height, which has now been increased to 6 ft 10 in by NBA.

Durant is also a great player with three years of experience with the Golden State Warriors before playing with the Brooklyn Nets for four years. Earlier this year, he eventually got associated with the Phoenix Suns.

Forbes reports that “the 13-time All-Star banks over $40 million off the court annually,” adding that the 6 ft 10 in (208 cm) tall player “has invested in more than 80 companies through his firm 35V.”

Though Kevin Durant’s professional and financial statuses remain clear, there was doubt about his height in the past.

Why was Kevin Durant listed as 6 feet 9 inches?

Kevin Durant’s height is actually 7 ft (2.13 m or 213 cm) with shoes on. However, since 2019, NBA made it the norm to record players' heights without shoes.

During a KNBR interview in 2016, he reportedly disclosed to Bob Fitzgerald, “Since I love you guys so much, I was recorded at 6 ft 10 in and three-quarters (2.1 m or 210 cm) with no shoes, so with my shoes on I'm 7 feet (213 cm).”

His explanation for the lie was, "I just like messin' with people."

Speaking further about his height, Durant shared with Wall Street Journal, “But really, I’ve always thought it was cool to say I’m a 6-9 small forward.”

He added, “Really, that’s the prototypical size for a small forward. Anything taller than that, and they’ll start saying, ‘Ah, he’s a power forward.’ ”

However, when it comes to women, the stats of Kevin Durant’s height changes. He reportedly revealed, “When I’m talking to women, I’m seven feet. In basketball circles, I’m 6-9.”

Is Kevin Durant taller than LeBron James?

With Kevin Durant’s height listed as 6 ft 10 in and LeBron James reportedly at 6 ft 9 in (2.06 m or 206 cm), it is clear Durant is an inch taller than the basketball power forward. Besides, James’ weight is reportedly approximately 250 pounds (113 kg), whereas Durant is 240 pounds (109 kg).

What did Kevin Durant say about Chris Paul?

Kevin Durant took a dig at Chris Paul’s height in 2015 after having a game-saving block against him. He said at the time, “He's six feet (1.83 m or 183 cm) [tall]. I'm 6-11 (2.11 m or 211 cm).”

How tall is Chris Paul?

As per NBA, Chris Paul’s height is indeed 6 ft (1.83 m/ 183 cm). He reportedly comes under the list of shortest NBA players.