Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The Voice' Season 24: Gwen Stefani playfully cries as she fails to bag singer Willie Gomez

2023-10-11 13:20
'The Voice' Season 24 singer Willie Gomez joins John Legend's team after rejecting Gwen Stefani's offer
'The Voice' Season 24: Gwen Stefani playfully cries as she fails to bag singer Willie Gomez

UNIVERSAL CITY, CALIFORNIA: 'The Voice​' Season 24 coach Gwen Stefani, who previously claimed she was "struggling" to bag any contestant, was disheartened after she failed to steal singer Willie Gomez.

Gwen almost cried in the show after her apparent flirting skills failed to pull a singer into her team.

After Willie Gomez bagged 4 chair turns in his Blind Audition round, he chose to go in Team John Legend despite Gwen's constant playful flirting.

Being disappointed with Willie not picking her, Gwen said, "We're locking eyes, like, this whole chemistry thing. Doesn't choose me. Choose John frickin' Legend."

She then faked crying as Niall Horan came forward to console the coach. Full of spite, she said about John, "Hopefully he'll eat some humble pie soon."

Noticing Gwen's constant efforts, Willie said, "Gwen turned first and with everything she had to say, she almost convinced me but my heart told me to go with John."

'The Voice' coach Niall Horan calls out Gwen Stefani for 'flirting' with Willie

While Gwen thought she would be the only one to turn her chair for Willie, seeing all the other judges turn their chairs, she was almost sure to lose him to others.

She said to Willie in disappointment, "I thought I had you." Willie said, "You still have me."

She went on to praise the Miami singer, "Your voice is so beautiful and like, flawless." She added, "He has so much stage presence. You're gorgeous."

Niall then called out Gwen for flirting too much with the contestant. He imitated texting Gwen's husband Blake Shelton, saying, "Blake, she is flirting his pants off."

Gwen accepted, "I literally need someone in my team so I'm just trying to flirt."

'The Voice' Season 24 singer Willie Gomez breaks Gwen Stefani's heart as he chooses John Legend

Willie went ahead to choose John, breaking Gwen's heart. John, who was amused to see Willie join his team, got off his chair and went on stage to hug the singer.

John claimed, "This guy is the whole package. He's good-looking. He can sing. He can dance. I think we have a star here."

Listening to Willie, a fan commented, "They took a long time turning their chairs. Gomez was phenomenal." Another wrote, "He was amazing, so much potential for him!"

Another claimed, "Good score John. I’ll bet you’re glad you’ve collaborated with Latin artists & sung in Spanish. Ka-ching! John Legend does it again, swoops in, and takes the 4-chair singer."

'The Voice' Season 24 airs on Mondays and Tuesdays on NBC at 9 PM ET.