Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Kelly Clarkson says she knew it 'in her heart' her marriage to Brandon Blackstock was coming to an end

2023-06-23 04:17
Kelly Clarkson said she and Brandon Blackstock were 'trying to make it work' by going to couples counseling
Kelly Clarkson says she knew it 'in her heart' her marriage to Brandon Blackstock was coming to an end

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Kelly Clarkson revealed she "knew in her heart" that her marriage with Brandon Blackstock was no longer working. During her appearance in one of 'The Zane Lowe Show' episodes while promoting her upcoming album 'Chemistry', the singer talked about her divorce and stated that she and the television producer were "trying to make it work" by going to couples counseling.

The daytime show host recently shared the worst part of her separation from Blackstock in 2020 saying that she realized "it just wasn't going to" before they decided to end their seven years of marriage. The duo shares a daughter River, 9, and a son Remington, 7, reported Daily Mail.

'I desperately want to make this happen'

Talking about their split, the 'American Idol' winner said she "desperately want to make this happen," and added, "But I think I knew in my heart it just wasn't going to." Clarkson also revealed she went through a dark phase after the split. She recalled feeling "shitty" throughout the period and added she was on a "rollercoaster" of emotions.

Clarkson said she overcame the grieving process after she sought the help of a therapist. "It's very helpful to have a trained professional that knows how to kind of navigate you through rough seas," she stated.

'I'm from a divorced family as well'

Talking about the shift in their family dynamic after the separation, the 'A Moment Like This' singer spoke in March about how her children are "really sad" about their parents no longer living together.

"I just sit there, and I'm like, 'I get it'. I'm from a divorced family as well. I get it. That sucks, you know? But we're going to work it out. And you are so loved by both of us",' she told IRL podcast host Angie Martinez.

"What I'm dealing with is hard because it involves more than just my heart. It involves a lot of little hearts. You know, we have four kids, and divorce is never easy, and we're both from divorced families, so we know the best thing here is to protect our children and their little hearts," Clarkson previously stated.

The now-separated exes met in May 2006 at a rehearsal for the Academy of Country Music Awards and got engaged in December 2012. Clarkson and Blackstock then got married in October 2013 and went their separate ways in 2020 after she filed for divorce from him. Two years later in 2022, the divorce was finalized officially.