Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Renee Blair spills beans on pregnancy as she is expecting baby boy with husband Jordan Schmidt

2023-05-13 00:18
The 'Holy Cowboy' crooner revealed Rihanna had inspired her to debut her baby bump on stage
Renee Blair spills beans on pregnancy as she is expecting baby boy with husband Jordan Schmidt

NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE: There's another celebrity mom-to-be apart from Rihanna who's making news and that's Renee Blair. The country singer, about to embark on a new chapter in her life, spilled the beans exclusively to People magazine. She announced her pregnancy and the upcoming arrival of their first baby—a boy!—with music producer hubby, Jordan Schmidt.

After dating for five years, Blair and Schmidt got married in Nashville last year. Although pregnancy wasn't in the couple's immediate plans, the news was welcomed by the couple. Blair debuted her baby bump on the red carpet at Thursday's Academy of Country Music Awards in a form-fitting black dress.

READ MORE

ACM Awards 2023: Cole Swindell's 'She Had Me at Heads Carolina' wins Song of the Year, Internet says 'Cody Johnson was robbed'

Rihanna twerks on boyfriend A$AP Rocky while flaunting her baby bump in bright red ensemble

‘We got married and got pregnant’

"If I've learned anything about life thus far, it's to expect the unexpected!" she opened up to People Magazine. "We got married and got pregnant all in what seemed like the same breath." The singer added that she had actually wanted to get pregnant this year. "I was originally hoping to get pregnant right now actually, in May 2023, on our honeymoon in Italy — which has now been postponed for two wonderful reasons: the pregnancy and because Mom and Dad are nominated for ACM song of the year for co-writing HARDY's 'Wait in the Truck'", she said.

Balir, 31, adds, "I'm excited to be nominated for my first ACM alongside my husband, and also showing our son one day that we were thriving and living at an all-time high while he was growing in my belly!" Schmidt, 35, had a similar thought, stating, "I'm so excited to share this moment with my wife and our unborn child, and I can't wait for the day we show him pictures of how he was at the 58th ACMs!"

‘We have kept the news silent from the public’

Blair continued saying, "We have kept the news silent from the public on social media — I have been out on the road touring the last couple months, and just put out the first single ("Holy Cowboy") to my new album, Hillbetty, coming out later this year, and I was apprehensive to go once I found out I was pregnant." She then went on to add ,"but seeing Rihanna debut her bump at the Super Bowl inspired me to do the same in front of my crowds each night, and it made for such a special moment with the audience”.

Blair debuted her alter ego "Hillbetty" on the red carpet at the 58th ACM Awards wearing a Versace outfit and having her hair and makeup done by Marissa Martin and Annetta McBain.

Schmidt chose a personalized belt from Nashville's Planet Cowboy, a David Yurman chain necklace, and a handmade blazer. The 58th Academy of Country Music Awards aired on Prime Video on Thursday, May 11, at 8 pm ET/5 pm PT from the Ford Centre at The Star in Frisco, Texas.

Tags news epcelebs