Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Wheel of Fortune' children's version in the works after Season 40 ends with NSFW puzzle

2023-06-10 15:52
'Wheel of Fortune' is expected to return in September 2023 with Pat Sajak looking to extend his duties as the host
'Wheel of Fortune' children's version in the works after Season 40 ends with NSFW puzzle

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Season 40 of America’s long-running game show ‘Wheel of Fortune,’ has spun to a conclusion much to the dismay of the fans and the viewers. None of the contestants who featured in the finale won the $1M wedge but the eight-month-long season did have a few $100,000 winners. The 76-year-old host of the game show, Pat Sajak introduced the contestants for the final episode with the official communication stating that the game show will not return until September 2023.

The three contestants who participated in the finale were Ariel, who Pat introduced as someone who likes to “sing around the house” with his wife, a father of four children, Johnny, and Tammy, who is married to her “handsome” former marine husband. The trio was hellbent to end the season with big prize money but unfortunately, their prayers were unanswered. Moreover, the finale had a tricky puzzle that fans were quick to pick up on, deeming it inappropriate and not safe for work.

Season 40 ends with NSFW puzzle

During the triple toss-up, a puzzle caught the eye of the fans and they didn’t miss the opportunity to pounce on that chance. One of the puzzles read, P__CH__NG _ __NT. This was eventually solved as “Pitching a tent” but the fans were quick to put their dirty mind to use and assume the puzzle was something that it was clearly not. A fan on Twitter addressed the puzzle and wrote, “I mean, I know it's not "punching a c*nt".... But is it tho?” Another fan who was intently watching the show also tweeted, “We love "inappropriate solves" from Wheel Of Fortune. My wife and I had the exact same one at the same time.”

However, it wasn’t all doom and gloom as Ariel managed to take home $84,000, leaving Pat to exclaim, “I'd call that a pretty good night!” But the fans were not impressed with an underwhelming finale. No big winners and subpar performances from the contestants were not the final that fans were expecting. They expressed their frustration in the comments of a YouTube video. One fan said, “No million-dollar winners this 40th season. That's it, everybody. We have a shutout,” as another continued with, “No million-dollar winners due to unforeseen circumstances... Sorry, everyone. We'll try again next year for season 41.”

‘Wheel of Fortune’ to get a child-friendly spinoff

Sony recently revealed its plans to kick-start a children-focused version of the popular game show, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The spinoff might see a few child-friendly twists into the already-established rules of the game show. Children might participate in physical and comedic obstacles to earn letters or buy vowels. Joe D’Ambrosia, executive VP and general manager of SPT — Kids, while talking to The Hollywood Reporter discussed the spinoff plans for ‘Wheel of Fortune’ and ‘Shark Tank.’ He said, "Our mission is straightforward and clear. We’d like to be known as a premier content creator for kids who build new global franchises for Sony like the SPT scripted team has done with Cobra Kai, the game show division has accomplished with Jeopardy! and the international team with The Crown, but in the kids’ space.” The hosts of these upcoming spinoffs are yet to be decided.

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.