Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Celebrity IOU' Season 6: Who is David? Jay Leno plans to surprise former intern and 'son' with nursery

2023-06-13 07:54
Despite the horrific accident and many injuries, Jay Leno insisted he be featured on 'Celebrity IOU' Season 6
'Celebrity IOU' Season 6: Who is David? Jay Leno plans to surprise former intern and 'son' with nursery

NEW ROCHELLE, NEW YORK: Prepare to be captivated as the highly anticipated Season 6 of 'Celebrity IOU' has a star studded lineup. This season, these Hollywood celebrities will express their heartfelt gratitude by surprising their loved ones with extraordinary home renovations. Drew and Jonathan Scott will collaborate with these A-listers to transform homes. Among the celebrities is renowned TV host and comedian, Jay Leno.

In a heartwarming renovation, Leno reaches out to the 'Property Brothers' to create a meaningful surprise for his close friend and former intern, whom he regards as a son. As the family awaits the arrival of their newborn, the former 'Tonight Show' host plans to astonish them with a stunning bathroom makeover and nursery.

Who is Jay Leno's former intern?

David, Leno's former intern, has become a close friend and a cherished figure in Leno's life. According to People, David grew from an intern to a director-producer, and his bond with the comedian has developed to the point where the latter considers the former a son.

David's unwavering support and care for Leno during a tiring time, following a devastating and catastrophic accident that left the talk show host with burns, further solidified their deep connection. He stood by Leno's side, providing assistance to his wife and offering support in various ways. At that time, Leno reportedly said, "When I had my accident, you know, I set myself on fire there, [David] would pick my wife up and bring her to the hospital and bring food and do things like that. I think that’s what friendship is. I don’t have a son, but I think this is what it would be like."

Jay Leno in 'Celebrity IOU' Season 6

In a recent interview with Hoda Kotb on 'Today', the Scott brothers shared their admiration for Leno's unwavering dedication on the sets of 'Celebrity IOU' Season 6. Despite sustaining severe burns in the garage fire and later injuring himself in a motorcycle accident, Leno not only agreed to participate in the show but insisted on doing so.

Jonathan highlighted Leno's resilience, mentioning that he had a broken collarbone, ribs, a broken knee and burns during filming. He said, "He had just broken his collarbone when he started working with us. Drew added, "He didn’t have any painkillers, didn’t want to go easy, he was right in there.” Jonathan then said. “We’re like, ‘Take it easy.’ But he never complained about anything."

Leno's commitment and lack of complaints impressed the 'Property Brothers' stars, who were amazed by his selflessness. Drew emphasized on Leno's generosity in giving back to a family with a newborn. Drew and Jonathan were blown-away by Leno's hands-on approach and lack of excuses, finding it heartwarming to witness such dedication from a celebrity. He will be seen choosing the wallpaper for the nursery and also having fun with the brothers.

On 'Celebrity IOU' Season 6, the 'Jay Leno's Garage' host will be showcasing his sheer dedication and helpful nature on HGTV on June 12, 9 pm ET.