Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

George Stephanopoulos’ wife Ali Wentworth gets support over emotional post about daughter Harper's first day at college

2023-08-22 11:29
'GMA' George Stephanopoulos' wife Ali Wentworth shared a heartful post about separating from her daughter as she begins college this fall
George Stephanopoulos’ wife Ali Wentworth gets support over emotional post about daughter Harper's first day at college

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: ‘Good Morning America’ star George Stephanopoulos and wife Ali Wentworth have finally dropped their youngest daughter Harper off to college.

The 18-year-old Harper will be attending Vanderbilt University and will be taking her first steps out into the adult world away from her parents.

Ali who had been keeping the feeling of being separated from her child for a while, finally broke out and shared a heartwarming post, talking about the difficulties and barrage of emotions she had to face after dropping her daughter off to college.

In a heartfelt Instagram post, Ali shared that it is “brutal on the parents” to let go of their child when they turn of age.

The 58-year-old mother was inconsolable but the ‘GMA’ fans ensured that she didn’t feel alone as they budged in with their stories to help ease the burden of her.

George Stephanopoulos’ wife Ali Wentworth’s ‘gut wrenching’ post

It has been a long time coming for both George Stephanopoulos and his wife Ali Wentworth. The duo had been prepared for dropping their younger one to college but Ali was struck with the reality only after seeing off her daughter on the first day.

In a lengthy Instagram post, Ali tried her best to capture what she was going through and share with the world, the feeling of separating from your child.

In the snap, Ali and George can be seen walking hand in hand with their backs to the camera on a bright sunny day.

The mother of two captioned the post, “We dropped our baby off at college. Everyone is saying, “She’s ready to launch”! But… I don’t think I’m ready!”

Ali added that she doesn’t want to stop doing things around the house which Harper liked. She said, “I don’t want to stop making pasta with vodka sauce, picking up wet towels, cuddling up to her familiar scent. As Joni Mitchell once wrote-"the bed’s too big, the frying pan too wide.”"

Later, Ali spoke about the perils and the toll it takes on parents to separate from their kids when they’re off to college.

She added, “I know our daughter will thrive. But man, it’s brutal on the parents. If you feel inclined — please send me baked goods. I’ll be under my covers.”

Fans share George Stephanopoulos’ wife Ali Wentworth’s ‘brutal’ pain

It wasn’t easy for the fans to console Ali Wentworth but they empathized with the mother of two and rushed to the comments section to offer words of comfort by sharing their experiences.

One fan wrote, “I feel your emptiness. My husband sent me flowers when our baby went off to first grade” while a second said, “They come back! We promise! And they like us even more.”

A third mentioned, "It’s the first week that’s the most brutal. By next Monday, when she FT’s you & you see how happy she is, you’ll be off skipping with joy in Central Park. And if I’m wrong…well…there’s always vodka.”

A fourth stated, “I feel your emptiness. My husband sent me flowers when our baby went off to first grade.”

Another echoed the sentiment and said, “I cried all the way home, and every time he called me for years I understand.”

A sixth fan wrote, "It’s by far the hardest part of parenting” while a seventh chimed, “Brutal is right. Punch in the gut. hang in there.”

Tags news