Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Jeopardy!' champ Amy Schneider breaks silence on never-ending Ken Jennings vs Mayim Bialik debate

2023-10-08 16:54
'Jeopardy!' champ Amy Schneider explained how hosting is a 'lot harder of a job than it looks' as she empathized with Mayim Bialik
'Jeopardy!' champ Amy Schneider breaks silence on never-ending Ken Jennings vs Mayim Bialik debate

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The legendary champion and one of the biggest winners on 'Jeopardy!', Amy Schneider has recently addressed the long ongoing debate over the co-hosts Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik.

In a recent interview, Schneider acknowledged how the game show's fanbase has been divided over the two hosts and prefers one over the other for different reasons.

While Bialik has seemingly been at the receiving end of negativity and backlash for her hosting skills, fans of 'Jeopardy!' often seem to welcome Jennings with positivity.

However, the narration took a drastic shift when Bialik stepped down from 'Jeopardy!' in support of the WGA strike.

Never-ending debate on Ken Jennings vs Mayim Bialik

From almost the very first day of Bialik, 'Jeopardy!' fans have seemingly been quite harsh towards 'The Big Bang Theory' actress for her hosting skills.

She, alongside Jennings, was made the permanent co-host after Alex Trebek's death and has been dealing with the brunt of much criticism.

The negativity Bialik was subjected to was quite strange as many fans would pick on the smallest of her quirks like long pauses, laughs, and way of speaking as reasons why she was not as good a host as Jennings, as per OK! Magazine.

MEAWW previously reported on how 'Jeopardy!' fans begged Ken Jennings to return as host after an "unwatchable" episode hosted by Bialik.

However, the debate didn't end there. Soon after, Bialik stepped down from her position to show support for the WGA strike, standing in solidarity with the writers including those on 'Jeopardy!'

On the other hand, Jennings did not follow in her steps and instead took over her vacant spot on the game show.

The fandom was then again divided, with Jennings being called a "scab" for working on the show during the strikes while Bialik saw a lot of praise for her decision, as per Daily Mail.

Schneider, who is the second-biggest winner in the history of 'Jeopardy! after Jennings, addressed this debate in an interview.

Amy Schneider claims she 'can't judge' Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik's hosting skills

Schneider told TV Insider that while she has seen the “intense” comments online from 'Jeopardy!' fans, she doesn’t “get involved in it particularly.”

“I only had Ken as a host, so to some extent, I can’t judge exactly, but I loved Ken as a host,” Schneider said, “I think that it’s so comforting as a contestant to know that he has been where you are, and I think he has a real feel for the flow of the game.”

She also empathized with Bialik as she explained how difficult the job of a host is.

“Hosting is a lot harder of a job than it looks,” she added, “You don’t see. It’s all edited together to make it look like they never stumble over any clues or get anything wrong, but it’s really hard.”

Tags news