Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Things are not going my way': Amy Schneider suffers 4th straight loss on 'Jeopardy!' Masters as she inches closer to elimination

2023-05-16 13:21
Amy Schneider, the first transgender person to qualify for the Tournament of Champions, could get booted if she doesn't change strategy
'Things are not going my way': Amy Schneider suffers 4th straight loss on 'Jeopardy!' Masters as she inches closer to elimination

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The 'Jeopardy!' Masters 2023 tournament kicked off on May 8, 2023, and will run for three weeks with the grand finale to be aired on May 24, 2023. The six contestants on the show are all ‘Jeopardy!’ kings and queens in their own regard, having been extremely successful in the show so far. Amy Schneider, Matt Amodio, Mattea Roach, Sam Buttrey, James Holzhaeur, and Andrew He are all grinding hard for the big prize of $500,000. The journey to the eternal prize is long and arduous where some are faring well while a few have begun to buckle under pressure.

Amy, who enjoyed a 40-game winning streak on ‘Jeopardy!’ is now under complete duress. She is finding it extremely difficult to cope with the growing challenges and questions of the Masters' tournament. The situation has worsened for Amy who after a disappointing start in the first week of the tournament, is still wandering for her first win. The tournament is now well into its second week and if Amy can’t conjure a win, she might soon be one of the two contestants to be axed before the semifinals.

RELATED ARTICLES

Phillip Henry Roach: 'Jeopardy!' star Mattea Roach's father dies at 57 to brain aneurysm

'Rooting for you': Fans rush to support Matt Amodio as he shades 'Jeopardy! Masters' and Ken Jennings

What’s going on with Amy?

‘Jeopardy!’ Masters' second week kicked off on Monday, May 15, 2023. Amy was pitted against Matt and Mattea in the first match while the self-described game show villain, James, with a custom-made Tournament of Champions belt on his shoulder was up against Andrew and Sam. Amy drastically underperformed in her match and Matt prevailed with an impressive $11,000 Daily Double wager. This led Amy to a confession before the host Ken Jennings.

“Things are not going my way entirely so far in this tournament so I felt the need to change things up," Amy said in the middle of the episode. But Amy is a fighter who likes to try different methods to boost her up. She said, "So last night instead of studying I did karaoke!,” leaving Ken to ask, “So what’s the karaoke song you recommend for Jeopardy! prep”? Amy was quick to reply, “Part of your world” from The Little Mermaid” to which Ken joked, “You are standing here where all the people are. On, what are those? Feet!” At the end of their match, Matt emerged victorious with $24,000, while Mattea had $16,400 and Amy could only manage $9,600.

Does ‘Jeopardy’s!’ history favor Amy?

Amy is winless and has lost four matches on the trot. If this continues, she will have to bow out of the tournament. But Amy’s previous tenure at ‘Jeopardy!’ is extremely encouraging. She set the record for being the first transgender person to qualify for the Tournament of Champions with the second-longest winning streak in the show’s history. Amy also became the fourth person to top $1 million in the 28th round of ‘Jeopardy!’ Given her impressive resume in the show, there’s still a chance for Amy to bounce back but it will be a road paved with hell.

After the second week, the Top 4 players will advance to the third week and then the Top 3 will go head-to-head in the finals on Wednesday, May 24.