Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

John Oates opens up about lawsuit filed by Daryl Hall after extended arbitration over their collaborative work

2023-11-25 07:21
The details of the lawsuit are limited as the filings are sealed and categorized as a "contract/debt" dispute
John Oates opens up about lawsuit filed by Daryl Hall after extended arbitration over their collaborative work

NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE: John Oates has opened up about the surprising lawsuit filed by his longtime collaborator, Daryl Hall.

The iconic singer shared a Thanksgiving message on his Instagram account on Thursday, November 23, stating, “During this time of communal reflection and connection with loved ones, let's not forget those experiencing challenges globally.”

Oates' message to the world on Thanksgiving

He also urged people to be there for each other during these times. “As we come together, consider reaching out to support those in need—whether through local charities or international humanitarian initiatives," he wrote.

May our collective efforts contribute to a more compassionate and supportive world,” he added.

Fans were taken aback to learn about a lawsuit filed against Hall & Oates on November 16 in Nashville.

According to a TMZ report, a source mentioned that they have been grappling with "the ground rules of who can sing what as a solo artist, along with money issues, of course."

On Bill Maher’s ‘Club Random’ podcast in 2022, Hall stated, “You think John Oates is my partner? He’s my business partner. He’s not my creative partner,” in a stern tone, as reported by NYP.

“John and I are brothers, but we are not creative brothers. We are business partners. We made records called Hall & Oates together, but we’ve always been very separate, and that’s a really important thing for me.”

Hall then gave an example of the duo’s 1980 No. 1 hit 'Kiss on My List' referring that his contribution was more. “I did all those [harmonies],” Hall said. “That’s all me.”

Hall files Lawsuit on November 16

According to The Philadelphia Inquirer, The Daryl Hall Revocable Trust filed a lawsuit against Oates, his personal trust The John W Oates TISA Trust, and its co-trustees in Nashville Chancery Court.

The details of the lawsuit are limited as the filings are sealed and categorized as a "contract/debt" dispute, and neither party has commented on the circumstances, as reported by MEAWW.

The band ‘Hall & Oates’ was an iconic musical entity from the 1970s, releasing 18 studio albums between 1972 and 2006.

'Hall & Oates' classic songs include 'Rich Girl,' 'Maneater,' and 'You Make My Dreams.' It's no wonder that 29 of their 33 singles have charted on Billboard's Hot 100 between 1974 and 1991.

Hall also has a temporary restraining order against Oates, effective from November 30, as reported by The Guardian.

Tags news