Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Stassi Schroeder may try Ozempic after giving birth to second child, says 'it’s like taking vitamins'

2023-06-16 01:58
'I mean, I think it’s safe and healthy. Like, I think it’s good for you,' says Stassi Schroeder
Stassi Schroeder may try Ozempic after giving birth to second child, says 'it’s like taking vitamins'

WEST HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA: Stassi Schroeder may give the controversial Ozempic drug a shot! The 'Vanderpump Rules' alum on the ‘Call Her Daddy’ podcast told host Alex Cooper that she may try the type 2 diabetic drug to lose weight after giving birth to her second child. The latest Hollywood trend for shedding is one of the brand names for semaglutide and tirzepatide, also called Wegovy and Mounjaro. The drug works in the brain to impact satiety.

“Oh, my God, I really want to try it when I give birth. The number of times I’ve researched this being like, ‘I mean, I think it’s safe and healthy. Like, I think it’s good for you. It’s like taking vitamins,'” Schroeder said during the interview in a candid mood. The host was quick to put it straight, though jokingly. Cooper, 28, then jokingly said "nothing that was said on this podcast medically" should be taken as advice, reports People.

'Thought about jumping on that train'

"But, like, come on, anyone who hears about Ozempic has to f****g be curious. You are a liar if you tell me that you have not thought about it, thought about jumping on that train,” Schroeder said, making her stand clearer. “Have I Googled Ozempic and what it would be like, and am I thinking about it? Yes, I am.”

Interestingly, the 34-year-old revealed that she has tried the same method to lose weight after delivering her first baby, Hartford, two. “[After] my first pregnancy, I ate bone broth for dinner for six f****g months after I gave birth. I kind of don’t feel like doing that again. Like, I don’t want to,” said Schroeder.

'It's horrifying, unfair and, disturbing'

It was Meghan McCain who shared with Daily Mail in February that she went for ‘Ozempic’ after giving birth to her second child Clover Jade. "I just gave birth and I'm being urged to take a 'miracle shot' of Ozempic as a quick fix ... It's horrifying, unfair, and disturbing — and I refuse," she wrote in an op-ed. She began with “four weeks ago and you wouldn't believe what I'm hearing. People who legitimately struggle with obesity and need Ozempic. But I am not one of those people."

She continued, "I'm told 'everyone is doing it,' as if that was ever a compelling case. I hear, 'Just take the shot', as it has become known in shorthand. I was even offered a black market freebie by someone with 'extra shots at home.' " "Well, let me make one thing very clear. I'm not taking it. I refuse,” she said at the time. “There's a clear moral issue here. It's hard to take a drug because swimsuit season is around the corner, while others need it to stay alive. And how can this be healthy?" said McCain.

Tags news