Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

When will 'The Golden Bachelor' Season 1 air? Release date, time, cast and how to watch ABC's senior citizen spinoff

2023-09-23 14:48
71-year-old Gerry seeks love among 22 women aged 60-75 in 'The Golden Bachelor,' a senior spinoff of 'The Bachelor' with a unique twist
When will 'The Golden Bachelor' Season 1 air? Release date, time, cast and how to watch ABC's senior citizen spinoff

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The first episode of 'The Golden Bachelor' airs on Thursday, September 28 at 8:00 p.m. With Hulu + Live TV, catch Gerry Turner awarding his first rose live on ABC, or watch it later on demand the following day (Friday, September 29) on Hulu.

The drama and romance don't end there. Keep an eye out for a brand-new season of 'Bachelor in Paradise' to premiere right after 'The Golden Bachelor' at 9:00 pm EST.

embed Instagram post

The Golden Bachelor', the first senior-focused spinoff of the franchise, will premiere new episodes this autumn as part of ABC's back-to-back Bachelor lineup.

In the much-anticipated series, Gerry, the first-ever Golden Bachelor, will compete for the hearts of 22 beautiful women between the ages of 60 and 75.

How to watch 'The Golden Bachelor'?

embed Instagram post

Without cable, there are two options for watching 'The Golden Bachelor': live on ABC with Hulu + Live TV or on-demand from Hulu's streaming collection. Here's how to carry out both:

Would you want to follow Bachelor Nation as it unfolds? You won't ever have to miss an episode of 'The Golden Bachelor', 'Bachelor in Paradise', or forthcoming seasons of 'The Bachelor' and 'The Bachelorette' thanks to Hulu + Live TV's live-streaming of ABC* programming.

With any Hulu membership, you can watch new episodes of ABC programs, including 'The Golden Bachelor', on demand the following day (Fridays).

Who stars in 'The Golden Bachelor'?

embed Instagram post

Gerry Turer, the first Golden Bachelor, is 71 years old and eager to fall in love again after losing Toni, his 43-year-old wife and high school sweetheart. This father and grandfather, also known as "grandzaddy" on social media, is searching for someone who enjoys cooking and adventures.

Meet the 22 contestants vying for Gerry's affection on 'The Golden Bachelor' this season. With an average age between 60 and 75, these women are in their prime years and eager to show the world that it's never too late to find love.

Kathy

Kathy, a retired educational consultant from Austin, Texas, is obsessed with Christmas. She is 70 years old.

April

April, a 65-year-old therapist from Port St Lucie, FL, aspires to write a best-selling book.

Sylvia

Sylvia, a 64-year-old public relations professional from Los Angeles, California, enjoys any opportunity to dress up.

Nancy

Bruce Springsteen fan Nancy, 60, is a retired interior designer from Alexandria, Virginia.

Marina

Marina, a teacher from Los Angeles, California, is 60 years old and holds not one, not two, but three master's degrees.

Christina

Christina, a former buying manager from Sierra Madre, California, who is 73 years old, is very proud of her career. Even though she is retired now, climbing the corporate ladder without a college degree remains one of her greatest achievements.

Theresa

Theresa, a financial services expert from Shrewsbury, New Jersey, who is 70 years old, learned everything about the stock market on her own.

Natascha

Natascha, a 60-year-old midlife speaker and pro-aging coach from New York, NY, wants bell-bottoms to return.

Faith

Faith, a 60-year-old high school instructor from Benton City, Washington, enjoys riding Liberty across the mountains.

Joan

After a few glasses of wine, 60-year-old private school administrator Joan from Rockland, Maryland, enjoys dancing.

Anna

Anna, a retired dietitian from Summit, New Jersey, dives with sharks and does so without a cage.

Susan

Susan, a 66-year-old wedding officiant from Aston, Pennsylvania, has a lunchtime fantasy involving Kris Jenner.

Renee

Renee, a 67-year-old former Chicago Honey Bears cheerleader from Chicago, IL, is desperate to meet Harry Styles.

Maria

Maria, a director of health and wellness from Teaneck, New Jersey, is 60 years old and has never tried paintballing, but she really wants to!

Peggy

Peggy, a 69-year-old dental hygienist from East Haven, Connecticut, loves to go-kart race.

Pamela

Pamela, a retired salon owner from Aurora, Illinois, is 75 years old and can't get enough Judge Judy in her life.

Patty

Patty James, the mother of former Bachelor Matt James and a 70-year-old retired real estate agent from Durham, North Carolina, invites you to indulge in body glitter.

Sandra

Sandra, a retired executive assistant from Doraville, Georgia, is 75 years old and quite proud of her excellent credit rating.

Leslie

A former champion in aerobics, Leslie is a 64-year-old fitness instructor from Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Ellen

Despite having two left feet, Ellen, a 71-year-old retired teacher from Delray Beach, Florida, loves to dance.

Edith

Edith, a retired realtor from Downey, California, is managing the construction of an ADU in her backyard. Edith is 60 years old.

Jeanie

Jeanie, a 65-year-old retired project manager from Estill Springs, Tennessee, enjoys walking her dogs and participating in Zumba classes.

What is 'The Golden Bachelor' all about?

embed Instagram post

'The Golden Bachelor', which ABC said would follow the same concept as the original program even if the lead and candidates may be older, was postponed for many years owing to Covid-19 after it was revealed in January 2020.

"The women arriving at the mansion have a lifetime of experience, living through love, loss, and laughter, hoping for a spark that ignites a future full of endless possibilities," the network's press release on May 16 said. "In the end, will our Golden man turn the page to start a new chapter with the woman of his dreams?"

What is the buzz around 'The Golden Bachelor'?

embed Instagram post

"Will there be a Fantasy Suites week?" was the question that host Jesse Palmer posed to Gerry during Charity Lawson's 'Men Tell All' segment on the most recent season of 'The Bachelorette'.

Gerry responds, "Yes," although he acknowledges that his path could differ from previous Bachelor and Bachelorette iterations.

"I think there’s a lot of steps that I and a potential partner would need to go through to […] make it a comfortable situation."

According to Gerry, his "fantasy suites dates," in which he gives competitors an overnight away from cameras, aren't necessarily "an open gate to physical intimacy," but rather a chance to get to know one another "without the eyes of America on me through the cameras."

"It's the open gate to an emotional and intellectual connection, he says. "I know that the general assumption is that the fantasy suite is for the physical part, and it really isn't for me, and it wasn't," the Golden Bachelor said.

Gerry insisted, "When I say that it was the most important time of the journey, I'm not exaggerating. And it has to do with the conversations that happen behind closed doors, not a physical activity."

"If I had gone behind the locked door for the physical intimacy, I wouldn't have come out with the right decisions that I made after those nights," he said. "I would have missed some very, very important information that was exchanged."

In an interview with Entertainment Tonight, Gerry discussed the subject and claimed that because of his advanced age, fantasy suites will be "quite different" this season.

On ABC, 'The Golden Bachelor' will make its debut on September 28 at 8 pm ET.