Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Whoopi Goldberg OK? 'The View' host narrates her painful experience during summer break: 'I nursed my back'

2023-07-11 10:51
Whoopi Goldberg admitted that after her painful summer break, she is now listening to her body and the signs and is getting 'greyer and longer and happier'
Is Whoopi Goldberg OK? 'The View' host narrates her painful experience during summer break: 'I nursed my back'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: ‘The View’ is back and better than ever! Although Joy Behar might be missing from the first episode after the summer break, the rest of the co-hosts looked well-rested. Whoopi Goldberg, Sara Haines, Alyssa Farah Griffin, Ana Navarro, and Sunny Hostin got together behind the desk as they discussed their summer breaks.

Each co-host had a different experience this summer, and if there was one that had to be labeled the least exciting, it would be Goldberg’s. In the recent episode of ‘The View', Goldberg revealed how she spent her entire summer break, which involved a lot of resting and people taking care of her. She waited until the very end to talk all about her health and greying hair.

What happened to Goldberg?

As ‘The View’ began after their brief hiatus, Goldberg asked her co-hosts, “Anybody do anything exciting over the break?” Her co-hosts took turns to answer the question until it was Goldberg’s turn. Goldberg’s responded, “I nursed my back.” There was a collective "Oh no" from her co-hosts before she continued, “So I was not very mobile and this is it. People came to see me, people fed me, took care of me, got me to the bathroom. You know, those are the things that are important. You know, when you’re just trying to get to the bathroom and it’s way over there and you’re thinking…oh come on!”

Despite Goldberg using humor along with her story, her co-hosts were compelled to ask about what happened, to which Goldberg responded, “I don’t know, I don’t know what I did. I don’t know what I did, but the back said ‘psst psst try to get up’ and I was like ‘uh’ and my back was like ‘yeah, this is our message to you.’” In a humorous fashion, Goldberg continued, “My body is saying you’ve overdone and you need to sit down. I don’t sit down.” Nevertheless, Goldberg admitted that she is now listening to her body and the signs and is getting "greyer and longer and happier".

Navarro suggests acupuncture

Amid Goldberg’s narration of her summer break and a bad back, Navarro interrupted her with a suggestion. Navarro said, “My back was killing me after a week of a lot of travel, and I went to acupuncture for the first time. I always thought that was the cookiest thing in the world. I thought if there were gonna poke me with pins, tequila was gonna come out but it felt so great, have you tried?” Goldberg said she had tried acupuncture and almost everything available, but nothing worked. Looks like all Goldberg needed was to listen to the signs from her body and sit down more often.