Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why does Cher want to work with Tom Cruise? Singer sets sights on new project after Alexander Edwards breakup

2023-07-10 18:46
Cher, who called up Tom Cruise 'out of the blue' after the split from Alexander Edwards, apparently needs acting in her life in order to move on
Why does Cher want to work with Tom Cruise? Singer sets sights on new project after Alexander Edwards breakup

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: ‘Strong Enough’ crooner Cher is recovering after splitting from her 37-year-old former boyfriend Alexander Edwards. In order to move on, the musical sensation called up her former flame Tom Cruise "out of the blue" hoping they could collaborate on a project.

An insider revealed that the ‘After All’ songstress needs acting in her life in order to move on. As per OK! Magazine, the insider revealed that "Cher has always loved acting," before elaborating, "She totally loses herself in the parts she plays — which is just what she needs." Noting that the ‘Mission: Impossible’ star and the ‘Believe’ singer have remained friends ever since their break up in the ‘80s, the source added, "Tom is loyal to people who don’t sell him out," before revealing, "And Cher is one of his biggest supporters."

'It was pretty hot and heavy for a little minute'

Cher has always been open about her brief romance with the ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ star. In an interview with Oprah Winfrey in 2008, the Oscar-winning songstress revealed, "I was crazy about him," before adding that their relationship had the potential of becoming a "great big romance" had their work schedules not been conflicting. She further added, "He was shy," before continuing to share an anecdote, "He said he felt like such a boob in school and nobody talked to him. We went on a date once for dinner in a New York restaurant and the waitress was from his old school.”

In a 2013 interview with Andy Cohen in ‘Watch What Happens Live!’, Cher shared more about her relationship with the 61-year-old action star. When Cohen asked about him, she said, "He wasn't a Scientologist then," and added famously, "It was pretty hot and heavy for a little minute. He's a great guy. The person that I knew was a great and lovable guy." She claimed Cruise was one of her “greatest lovers,” saying, "He was in the top five!" She added later, "I just had the greatest lovers ever,” as quoted in US Weekly.

In 2018, Cher also opened up about the beginning of their romance. She told Event magazine, "A bunch of people who were dyslexic were invited to the White House, and Tom and I are both dyslexic." She, however, added that their relationship didn’t start immediately, "We didn’t go out till way later, but there definitely was a connection there.”

The 77-year-old ‘I Found Someone’ singer had a romance with the ‘Knight and Day’ star in 1985 after the then 38-year-old Goddess of Pop met the 23-year old Cruise at Madonna and Sean Penn’s wedding.

‘On paper, it's kind of ridiculous’

The ‘Dark Lady’ singer, who is now trying to move on from her breakup, had been in a relationship with Alexander AE Edwards since November 2022. They were seen going to dinner at Craig’s in West Hollywood on November 2, 2022. The septuagenarian singer confirmed their relationship on November 6 through a tweet. She wrote, “I’m not defending us. Haters are gonna hate…Doesn’[t] matter that we’re happy & not bothering anyone [sic],” as per Hollywood Life.

Talking to Kelly Clarkson in her 'The Kelly Clarkson Show' in December, Cher gushed about her relationship with the executive of Universal Music, "On paper, it's kind of ridiculous." She added, "But in real life, we get along great. He's fabulous. And I don't give men qualities that they don't deserve." However, the pair broke up on May 1, 2023, as per TMZ.

Tags news epcelebs