Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I didn't play that': Taylor Swift looks horrified as her 'possessed' piano begins playing by itself

2023-05-24 22:21
Taylor Swift, however, gave a plausible explanation for the bizarre phenomenon that left her utterly dumbfounded
'I didn't play that': Taylor Swift looks horrified as her 'possessed' piano begins playing by itself

FOXBOROUGH, MASSACHUSETTS: A recent live performance from Taylor Swift's ongoing Eras Tour has sparked theories among her fans after her piano appeared "possessed" as it began playing by itself on Sunday, May 21. The 33-year-old pop-icon is seen visibly shocked in a clip that has garnered more than 16 million views on Twitter. The video shows Taylor at the piano as notes begin to play even though her hands are not on the keys.

"I didn't play that," she told the audience while adding, "Oh my ... do you hear that? Is that happening for you too?" In spite of the bizarre pause, the 'Wildest Dreams' singer gave a reasonable explanation for the phenomenon. The dedicated performer gave an entire three-and-a-half hour show at the Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts amid the torrential rain earlier this week.

READ MORE

'He's wishing it away': Taylor Swift fans outraged as video shows impatient dad searching for duration of concert on Google

Taylor Lautner backtracks on comment he was 'praying' for John Mayer amid Taylor Swift's album re-release

Taylor Swift's explanation

"Okay I'm just going to do another song on guitar, that's insane," Taylor Swift told her fans, according to Daily Mail. She explained that the piano was probably malfunctioning due to water damage from the rain. "What happened is, long story short, I get to my acoustic set, you know when you've been in a bath for too long and your fingers are so pruned, like I looked at my fingers trying to play the guitar, and it was like I was in a bath for 2.5 hours of lukewarm water," she said.

Swift continued, "Another thing that has happened is that [the water] has clearly broken my keyboard because [the keyboard] was literally underwater, so this is broken. I didn't know how any of the instruments were working last night. So this is broken, I'm just gonna get the guitar. It's gonna be fine."

'Full-on deluge'

Taylor wrote on Twitter after the show on Sunday, "We've had rain shows at Gillette Stadium before, but this was a full on deluge that never let up, I just want to thank that iconic crowd." However, the singer unfortunately developed bronchitis and had to cancel her shows for the first time in her career.

'She is teasing a TS11 song'

The moment led her fans to come up with various theories. One of them wrote, "She is teasing a TS11 song.. i just know it.. she is a MASTERMIND." Another tweeted, "Now watch her release a song with these exact piano chords." A fan said, "Oh my god! There’s a ghost in the machine! I think the piano is Haunted!" while another wrote, "It's incredible to see how Taylor Swift can handle unexpected moments during her concerts with such grace and professionalism." "I am way too superstitious for this post lol," wrote one user.

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

Tags news epcelebs