Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jeymes Samuel's Book of Clarence 'littered' with Easter eggs for next film

2023-10-13 15:27
Jeymes Samuel's 'The Book of Clarence' is "littered" with clues about his next movie, a prequel to his debut 'The Harder They Fall'.
Jeymes Samuel's Book of Clarence 'littered' with Easter eggs for next film

Jeymes Samuel's 'The Book of Clarence' is "littered" with clues about his next movie.

The 44-year-old musician-and-filmmaker made his directorial debut with 'The Harder They Fall', which he has revealed featured a number of teasers about his biblical comedy-drama, and so he's done the same with the LaKeith Stanfield-starring movie and fans should keep their eyes and ears open for hints about what will happen in his upcoming prequel to the Western.

He told Deadline's Breaking Baz culmn: "I've laid the hugest Easter eggs all through 'The Book of Clarence' which takes us into the the movie I’m going to do immediately after. And it’s for the audience to find…and watch as much as listen.”

Jeymes took a break from working on his 'The Harder They Fall' prequel because of the Hollywood writers' strike, but now that it's over, he's ready to get back to the project.

He said: “Our good friends at Netflix I know are along for the ride. So it’s something that I’m sketching out."

Jeymes took inspiration from 1959 religious epic 'Ben Hur' for 'The Book of Clarence'.

He explained: "I was drawn to the stories that were Bible adjacent, so not necessarily the ones about the Bible, but where the Bible was running alongside them, like 'Ben-Hur'...

”They kind of take a bit of liberty with the Bible because the story runs alongside it. Those are the ones I was drawn to most.

"I know I can tell a really, really cool tale that we can all relate to,” he tells me. “A man trying to prove he’s a nobody, a man that believes he can do anything. And his beliefs get him into trouble with the neighborhood terrorists, so to speak.

"Then he ends up on a path of self-discovery, redemption, and awakening.I know I could tell a great story like that, but set in a biblical era, it would just be something to marvel at.

”Yeah, this is Jeymes Samuel’s 'Ben-Hur'. It being my first foray into the Bible era, I had to throw everything. I wanted to throw in chariot races, I wanted gladiator fights, I wanted to throw a nightclub scene. The hoods are in the building having a party.”