Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Charli and Dixie D'Amelio's Walmart stint to promote Be Happy Snacks collaboration stirs controversy

2023-10-31 17:46
Recently the D'Amelio sisters introduced a line of snacks in collaboration with Walmart
Charli and Dixie D'Amelio's Walmart stint to promote Be Happy Snacks collaboration stirs controversy

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Charli and Dixie D'Amelio, popular influencers, are facing criticism after sharing a video in which they appeared to work at Walmart as part of a promotional campaign for their new Be Happy Snacks collection.

Recently, the D'Amelio family introduced a fresh line of snacks in collaboration with Walmart, featuring four distinct flavors of popcorn: Cotton Candy, Maple Bacon, Parmesan Garlic, and Nice Spice. Charli D'Amelio mentioned in an interview with People that developing these flavors was an exciting process, stating, "We get to hear all of our different opinions."

Charli and Dixie D'Amelio's Walmart video spark debate

@charlidamelio @Be Happy Snacks ♬ original sound - skyzone.ventura

In celebration of the Be Happy Snacks launch, TikTok sensations Charli and Dixie created a TikTok video that depicted them working at Walmart. However, this video received mixed reactions, with some viewers labeling the D'Amelio sisters as "out of touch."

The video shows Charli and Dixie working alongside actual Walmart employees, restocking shelves, and even scanning products at the checkout.

Whether they genuinely spent a full day working at Walmart or merely acted out the scenario for the video remains uncertain. Nevertheless, they donned Walmart employee vests and name tags for the stunt.

Charli D'Amelio's visit to a Walmart store, where she was seen posing for photos while scanning bags of popcorn at the checkout counter, featured her sporting an employee vest and a name tag.

An image shared on her official Instagram account, with Walmart being tagged, indicates that her visit to the store was a promotional effort tied to the launch of her popcorn line, Be Happy Snacks.

The brand's TikTok page also utilized a video of D'Amelio at Walmart dressed as one of its employees as part of the brand's overarching promotional campaign. The video's text humorously reads, "us checking people out knowing they have their new favorite snack."

While some viewers took the video humorously, others criticized Charli and Dixie for "cosplaying" as everyday people.

D'Amelio, who shot to TikTok stardom in 2019 with her viral dance videos, quickly became the platform's most-followed creator. She held this title for two years and was recognized as one of Forbes' Top Five Creators this year.

Mixed reactions from the internet community

Charli and Dixie D'Amelio's recent Walmart stint has sparked a range of reactions across social media. While some have found humor in the situation, others expressed mixed sentiments.

One user humorously quipped, "I wish I had enough money to cosplay as a retail worker."

On the other hand, some individuals emphasized the financial disparities, with one user saying, "I can barely afford to live as a retail worker, but I'm glad you're having fun lol."

Another user said, "Wish I was this happy on my 8-hour shifts scanning groceries."

The other user tweeted, "you should work there."

The D'Amelio sisters' Walmart visit appears to have sparked discussions about the perception of celebrities engaging in everyday work experiences. The sisters are yet to respond to the reactions, and internet users continue to share their thoughts on the matter.

Tags news