Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Selena Gomez shades Olivia Rodrigo as she plugs ears during singer's 'traumatizing' MTV VMAs performance

2023-09-13 11:56
'Single Soon' singer Selena Gomez was seen flaunting red gown and Olivia Rodrigo white shimmer dress at MTV VMAs
Selena Gomez shades Olivia Rodrigo as she plugs ears during singer's 'traumatizing' MTV VMAs performance

PRUDENTIAL CENTER, NEW JERSEY: Selena Gomez's shocked look seems to be throwing off a major shade at Olivia Rodrigo's performance at MTV Video Music Awards.

As the 'GUTS' singer performed her single on the stage, Selena was spotted plugging her ears.

The Sun reports the singer looking up at the stage in a seemingly unhappy way as the 20-year-old performed her hit song 'Vampire.'

'Only Murders in the Building' star held her hand up to the ear and looked towards Olivia with her eyes wide open.

She looked around and removed her hands as the performance came to an end.

A user laughed seeing Selena's reaction to Olivia's performance, "not SELENA GOMEZ freaked out watching Olivia Rodrigo performance."

Another wrote, "the way selena gomez was concerned about olivia rodrigo when the stage was having an intentional malfunction my babessss."

Another concerned user wrote, "olivia rodrigo really traumatized selena gomez with her fake stage malfunction during her performance… selena ain’t ever going to an awards show again."

One interpreted Selena's reaction, "Selena wasn’t entertained."

A user took to Instagram to comment, "Looks like she was thinking "what is this hot mess?"" as Page Six shared the video of Selena reacting at Olivia's performance. Another claimed, "She looks bored tbh."

A user mocked Olivia, "Rodrigo needs to do something to be original i guess." Another praised Selena's reaction, "Selena was living in the moment! She is awesome!"

Are Selena Gomez and Olivia Rodrigo friends?

Selena and Olivia does not share any beef. It's just that Olivia's planned stage malfunction came off as a shock to Selena and she reacted by covering her ears. In real life, Selena and Olivia are n good terms.

Olivia said in an interview with Variety about 'Single Soon' singer, "I met Selena, and she was so kind. She talked to me a lot about prioritizing mental health, which I think is really important in this industry. All of us were in the limelight very young . . . That can be taxing on your psyche and can bring about all these weird issues."

@selenagomez ♬ original sound - Selena Gomez

In 2022, we saw Selena posting a TikTok video where she and her sister Gracie are seen singing to Olivia's 'Drivers License during the singer's 'Sour' tour.

Selena Gomez sports ethereal and dreamy outfit at MTV VMAs 2023

Selena Gomez delivered a romantic fashion moment at MTV VMAs, wearing a red gown. Selena's Oscar de la Renta gown gave a dreamy vibe as it had a shredded hemline accentuating the legs.

Revealing the body, the dress made a statement with little to no fabric. The red flowery leaves patterned dress had a cut-out construction.

Selena sported the dress with a red color strappy sandals and minimal jewelry, small white butterfly earrings accompanied with rings and a bracelet.

How many nominations does Selena Gomez bag at MTV VMAs 2023?

Selena Gomez bags 3 nominations at MYV Video Music Awards 2023.

The singer is up for the trophies for Song of the Year, Collaboration of the Year, and Best Afrobeats, for her collaboration with Rema for the 'Calm Down' song. For the record, Selena already has 9 VMAs under her belt.

Selena previously did not publicly confirm that she will be attending MTV VMAs 2023. However, her surprise appearance shocked and surprised everyone.

The 2023 MTV Video Music Awards took place on Tuesday, September 12 at 8 pm ET at Prudential Center in New Jersey.

Tags news epcelebs