Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Nate Diaz speaks about choking Logan Paul’s lookalike in New Orleans: ‘The whole street was going crazy’

2023-08-05 15:55
The altercation caused controversy in the MMA community, with some criticizing Diaz for being involved in one in his late 30s
Nate Diaz speaks about choking Logan Paul’s lookalike in New Orleans: ‘The whole street was going crazy’

CLEVELAND, OHIO: After a Misfits Boxing event in April, Nate Diaz was involved in a street brawl, which put him in the spotlight. The Stockton MMA star was seen strangling out Logan Paul impersonator Rodney Petersen during the altercation and then lowering his limp body to the ground.

A warrant for Diaz's arrest was issued in New Orleans following the altercation, and the former UFC fighter quickly surrendered. Fortunately, his upcoming boxing contest with Jake Paul was not jeopardized by the altercation. Nate Diaz has finally sat down to discuss the altercation months after the occurrence.

‘The whole street was going crazy’

Nate Diaz discussed a variety of subjects in an interview with 'FULL SEND PODCAST', including his fight with Rodney Petersen and a potential trilogy match with longtime foe Conor McGregor.

“I'm looking and then fake Logan Paul runs up in my face like 'Woah, woah, woah, woah' and I'm like 'Woah, back the f*** up' and I grabbed him by his hands cause he's like 'Woah, woah' and he pushed into me," said Diaz. "When he pushed into me, I had him in a headlock and all, the whole street was going crazy. I'm like 'These fools are gonna f*** me up' so I choked his *ss,” he said.

The altercation caused controversy in the MMA community, with some criticizing Diaz for being involved in one in his late 30s. Conor McGregor, among others, found the episode amusing. In the end, Rodney Petersen subsequently vowed retaliation against the MMA superstar, but nothing has yet happened.

Paul-Diaz pre-fight faceoff

At the Jake Paul vs Nate Diaz press conference on August 3, as the two main-event competitors engaged in their customary duel, things became rough on stage. Things heated up between Paul, Diaz, and their respective security teams, resulting in a shoving brawl with punches thrown between both camps' security squads.

The two sides have been at odds with one another for about a year. According to Diaz's team, one of Paul's security personnel allegedly pursued Diaz and his crew onstage. After learning that a member of Diaz's crew who was on stage attacked someone before being struck by a security guard for Paul, Paul expressed his outrage on social media.

"Nate's team has emailed my team trying to claim assault after his team swung first. Apparently the guy who swung first is at the hospital getting stitches. Hilarious to these fake gangsters acting like this!" Paul tweeted.

The news conference grew heated when a member of Paul's Betr media team asked Diaz a question and expressed excitement for Paul to finish Diaz off. The same person denigrated Diaz's brother Nick, another UFC veteran, at a news conference in May.