Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Marvel's 'Secret Invasion': Real reason behind director Thomas Bezucha's exit revealed

2023-06-20 19:51
There were two directors who were supposed to helm 'Secret Invasion' - Ali Selim and Thomas Bezucha, but the latter left during pre-production
Marvel's 'Secret Invasion': Real reason behind director Thomas Bezucha's exit revealed

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: With MCU's highly-anticipated 'Secret Invasion' all set to grace the television screens soon, there are some rumors swirling about its director leaving the show during its pre-production stage. Director Thomas Bezucha apparently left when the show was in its early development.

Initially, there were two directors who were supposed to helm the series - Ali Selim and Bezucha. Selim is known for his work in Hulu's 'The Looming Tower' and eventually took over as director for all six episodes of the series.

Why did Thomas Bezucha leave?

As per The Direct, Thomas Bezucha left the show because of Samuel L Jackson. Apparently, exited the show a day after meeting Jackson. The actor said, "Interestingly enough, when I first started [Secret Invasion] Ali [Selim] was one of two directors. And I met with him (Selim) and then I met with the other director and the next day the other director (Bezucha) had quit." The comment led to his co-star Olivia Coleman poking fun at him as she asked, "Was it you?"

"I had no idea what I said to him. I asked my assistant, 'Did I say something that scared him or what?" Jackson replied.

The importance of consistency in MCU

Samuel L Jackson emphasized on the importance of consistency in the MCU while directing both movies and tv series. He was grateful that the whole show was helmed by Selim as he is set to reprise his role as Nick Fury.

"But I think it's great that Ali stuck and I think it's even greater that they allowed him to direct all the episodes. So it gave us a consistency of idea or concept that he had for what he wanted the show to be. So he was able to shape it in that particular way, or convince us that we were shaping it in a way that was our way, but turned out to be his way," he said. MCU's 'Secret Invasion' also stars Emilia Clarke, Cobie Smulders, Don Cheadle, and more. 'Secret Invasion' will start streaming on Disney+ on June 21, 2023.