Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Fans fawn over Brad Pitt as star films Formula 1 movie 'Apex' at British Grand Prix: 'Nothing short of greatness'

2023-07-10 16:47
Brad Pitt and co-star Damson Idris were seen donning custom black and white race suits, designed for their fictional team APXGP
Fans fawn over Brad Pitt as star films Formula 1 movie 'Apex' at British Grand Prix: 'Nothing short of greatness'

SILVERSTONE, UK: Brad Pitt had an exhilarating experience filming his upcoming Formula 1 movie at the British Grand Prix on Sunday, July 9. The actor, 59, joined professional drivers Lewis Hamilton and Carlos Sainz on the grid before the race, while shooting scenes with his co-star Damson Idris.

Pitt and Idris, who portray drivers Sonny Hayes and Joshua Pearce respectively in the film 'Apex' directed by Joe Kosinski, were seen donning custom black and white race suits. The suits were designed for their fictional team APXGP, adding to the authenticity of their roles as professional drivers in the movie. Pitt gushed that he was having the "time of his life" during the exciting venture.

The fictional team APXGP had a notable presence in the paddock and pitlane at the British Grand Prix, prominent enough to have their own garage area between the Mercedes and Ferrari teams. Pitt, accompanied by two stunt drivers, was seen driving the film's modified Formula 2 cars on the Silverstone circuit throughout the weekend.

'It’s great to be here'

The Oscar-winning actor shared that he was feeling "a little giddy" as he prepared to step out onto the starting grid. The excitement and anticipation of the moment seemed to have a positive effect on him, adding to the thrill of his involvement in the Formula 1 movie and his experience at the British Grand Prix. "I’ve got to say, it’s great to be here. Having such a laugh, time of my life," he said. Pitt also revealed some plot details about the Apple film he is working on, which is being produced by renowned producer Jerry Bruckheimer, known for his work on 'Top Gun: Maverick' and other successful projects.

"I would be a guy who raced in the ’90s. He has a horrible crash, kind of craps out and disappears, and then is racing in other disciplines," he explained. "And then his friend, played by Javier Bardem, is a team owner. They’re a last place team, they’re 21 or 22 on the grid, they’ve never scored a point. And they have a young phenom, played by Damson Idris, and he brings me in as kind of a hail mary. And hijinks ensue."

'Nothing short of greatness'

Excited fans took to Twitter to share their enthusiasm and discuss the upcoming Formula 1 movie. One user wrote, "Brad Pitt is my favorite white actor. I’m in there for this." Another wrote, "We will be there no matter what." A third commented, "This Movie Is About To BeNothing Short Of Greatness," while a fourth added, "Omg i hope the writers dont mess this up. Phenomenal talent." One excited user wrote, "Watching the f**k out this."

'This man does not age'

Meanwhile, a few others chose to comment on Pitt's timeless appearance. One said, "Brad pitt has looked the exact same since se7en," referencing to the 1995 film. Another wrote, "Brad been fine my whole life." "Bro turns back the clock every time he gets a haircut," added a third, while a fourth wrote, "This man does not age."

Tags news