Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Peter? Elliot Page recalls double date with Leonardo DiCaprio's mom and pal he dated for 2 months

2023-06-09 14:21
In his latest memoir, 'Pageboy,' Elliot Page has described when he went on a double date with Leonardo DiCaprio and his mother
Who is Peter? Elliot Page recalls double date with Leonardo DiCaprio's mom and pal he dated for 2 months

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Actor Elliot Page is spilling all the beans about his love life in the wake of the publication of his honest memoir 'Pageboy'. In the pages of his new memoir, 'Pageboy', which is currently in stores, the 36-year-old went up about his dating experience. Following a "lovely connection," he had with a friend of Leonardo DiCaprio, Page has now spoken about going on a double date with the actor and his mother.

In his memoir, Page wrote about his brief friendship with Peter and recalled how the man came to see the 'Titanic' actor DiCaprio while they were filming 'Inception' in 2010. Page hadn't yet come out as gay or transgender at the time. The celebrity, once known as Ellen Page, came out as gay in 2014 and then six years later as a transgender man, as per Daily Mail.

Who is Elliot (Ellen) Page's former pal Peter?

"While filming Inception, a friend of Leonardo DiCaprio’s visited and we had a lovely connection," Page writes. "Peter was warm to everyone, eyes beaming with care. When I saw Leo next, I told him I liked his friend, to which he responded that his friend liked me, too. For our first date we went to Universal Studios with Leo and his mother. Peter and I sat close on the rides, our thighs just touching."

The 'Juno' star claimed at the time that his mom Martha was "over the moon" to learn that Page was dating a man after previously expressing some dismay over his relationships with women. It's unknown if the man goes by the name "Peter." According to Page, the relationship was brief and only lasted "a month, maybe two, like high school all over again."

Elliot Page then came out as transgender in 2020

In 2014, the two-time Emmy-nominated producer came out as a lesbian in a speech at the Human Rights Campaign's 'Time to Thrive' event in Las Vegas. When Page finally came out as transgender in December 2020, she sent the following statement to social media, "Hi friends, I want to share with you that I am trans, my pronouns are he/they and my name is Elliot."

Page further wrote, "I feel lucky to be writing this. To be here. To have arrived at this place in my life. I feel overwhelming gratitude for the incredible people who have supported me along this journey. I can’t begin to express how remarkable it feels to finally love who I am enough to pursue my authentic self. I’ve been endlessly inspired by so many in the trans community.

"Thank you for your courage, your generosity and ceaselessly working to make this world a more inclusive and compassionate place. I will offer whatever support I can and continue to strive for a more loving and equal society," the 'Juno' actor concluded.

Tags news