Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Martin McDonagh? Phoebe Waller-Bridge is madly in love with her 'genius' director boyfriend

2023-06-28 15:53
Phoebe Waller-Bridge recently spoke about her relationship with her boyfriend, Martin McDonagh, whom she 'really, really' fancies
Who is Martin McDonagh? Phoebe Waller-Bridge is madly in love with her 'genius' director boyfriend

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Phoebe Waller-Bridge will soon be seen on the big screen alongside Harrison Ford in 'Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny' as Helena Shaw, along with Antonio Banderas, Toby Jones, Boyd Holbrook, Ethann Isidore and Mads Mikkelsen. Professionally, she is a force to be reckoned with but when it comes to her personal life, she in known for divulging very little if nothing.

Recently, Waller-Bridge gushed about her boyfriend, Martin McDonagh, whom she calls a "genius" filmmaker. The actress revealed more about her relationship in a conversation with Vanity Fair.

Who is Martin McDonagh?

McDonagh is a British-Irish playwright and director who was born on March 26, 1970. He had won an Academy Award in 2006. Other than that he has been nominated for three Academy Awards, six BAFTA Awards, four Golden Globe Awards, three Olivier Awards and five Tony Awards.

Speaking about her relationship with the director, Waller-Bridge told Vanity Fair, "We really don't share anything beforehand," referring to if she spoke with him about her projects. When asked if she feared the criticism, she said, "Probably a bit of that. And also, I just really, really fancy him. So if you show someone something, and you fancy them, it can become this blur."

'It just ups your game'

Waller-Bridge said that she wanted him to appreciate her work like she did his before they met. She said, "It's really useful being with someone who I think is a genius, it just ups your game. I would always have wanted Martin McDonagh to think of my work as good, whether I was with him or not. I will find out now, either way!"

When did Phoebe Waller-Bridge start dating Martin McDonagh?

Waller-Bridge and McDonagh started dating in late 2017. The two were spotted attending the screening of his critically acclaimed movie 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri'. They were seen attending the 2018 Golden Globes together and kissing when he won Best Screenplay and Best Drama.

Waller-Bridge was married to Irish filmmaker Conor Woodman in 2014. The pair announced their separation in 2017, and divorce was finalized in 2018. In December 2017, People confirmed her split from Woodman. "They've been separated for a little while now," sources said then.

McDonagh is renowned for his gripping theatre productions that tackle serious issues and mix humor and brutality. Waller-Bridge is renowned for her darkly humorous characters, irreverent humor and plots. In 2018, she told the Guardian, "I get a rush writing women who don't care what you think."