Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is AJ Benza? Journo who claimed Jamie Foxx is partially paralyzed and blind once called Donald Trump 'shameless and shrewd'

2023-06-02 15:21
AJ Benza was recently in the news after he claimed that a blood clot in Jamie Foxx's brain had resulted in partial paralysis and loss of vision
Who is AJ Benza? Journo who claimed Jamie Foxx is partially paralyzed and blind once called Donald Trump 'shameless and shrewd'

BROOKLYN, NEW YORK: Veteran journalist AJ Benza claimed that actor Jamie Foxx has suffered partial paralysis and loss of vision. The former writer for the New York Daily made the allegations citing credible sources during his appearance on the 'Ask Dr Drew' podcast on Wednesday, May 31, 2023.

Benza disclosed that a source, who was present in Foxx's room and involved in his medical treatment, relayed to him that a blood clot in Foxx's brain had resulted in his partial paralysis and loss of vision. According to reports, the 55-year-old actor was forced to take a Covid vaccine after which a blood clot formed in his brain.

Who is AJ Benza?

Benza is an American television personality, journalist, and gossip columnist. He was born on June 2, 1962, in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, New York, and is best known for his work as a host on the tabloid television show 'Mysteries and Scandals' and as a panelist on the E! network's show 'The Gossip Show'. He has also appeared on various other television programs, including 'Howard Stern', 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno', and 'Celebrity Rehab with Dr Drew'.

Benza has made numerous appearances on Howard Stern's show, even serving as a guest host/ The veteran journalist has faced a few controversies, including a feud with former US president Donald Trump, which ultimately led to his departure from the show. In addition to his television career, Benza has written for several publications, including the New York Daily News and Star magazine.

Benza's controversial comments about Donald Trump

In 2016, during an appearance on Adam Carolla's podcast, Benza reminisced about his early career as a gossip reporter in New York City, as reported by The Atlantic. Benza shared stories about his younger days, where he would socialize with celebrities until the early hours of the morning, diligently chased down sensational rumors, and engaged in a constant exchange of favors to obtain juicy tidbits for his columns at Newsday and the New York Daily News.

A significant part of his trade as a gossip reporter involved seeking specific information about people during specific moments, often resulting in him owing favors to his sources in return.

"Donald Trump was the biggest guy in the world with that," Benza had said. "Trump spent every morning on the phone with me, with Page 6––he loved to get his name in the paper. As a result, he would drop dimes on other people in every industry he knew dirt on. You put the story in the paper, and then, three days later, you say, ‘Donald Trump was at a Knicks game with this supermodel.’ And he’s happy. That’s all it took."

Calling Trump "shameless and shrewd at the same time", Benza said, "You might not like his style, but no one has played the American public and the US government to this extent, and the media."

'It was impossible not to write about Donald'

Benza said, "In the late ’80s and ’90s, it was impossible not to write about Donald. He was everywhere. And he was doing everything. He was getting divorced from Ivana, marrying Marla, becoming a dad again, fixing up Wollman’s Rink, renovating 40 Wall Street or Trump Place. It got to a point, wherever I felt I HAD to be for the good of the column, I’d run into him. SpyBar—check, a quick bite at Bowery Bar—check. Knick's playoff games—check. Front row at Victoria Secret's fashion show—check. So I’d write the column and not including him felt like I wasn’t doing my job. From East Hampton to Manhattan to Miami, he made sure he was always around."