Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

The Rock tells Joe Rogan he has Democrat friends who are only 'loyal to the party'

2023-11-20 18:48
Dwayne Johnson opened up about his friends across party lines during an interview on 'The Joe Rogan Podcast'
The Rock tells Joe Rogan he has Democrat friends who are only 'loyal to the party'

AUSTIN, TEXAS: Actor and former WWE superstar Dwayne Johnson, simply known as 'The Rock', made an interesting observation about his Democrat friends, telling podcast host Joe Rogan they’re "loyal to the party," not Biden.

On 'The Joe Rogan Podcast', Johnson also spoke about how individuals used to be able to have both Republican and Democrat friends, and not think much of it.

What did The Rock say?

Johnson claimed to have friends who support Trump and friends who support Biden. He promptly recanted the assertion about Biden voters, pointing out that there are more Democratic Party members than Biden supporters.

This was after Rogan said, "When I was a kid, you could have a Republican friend. Like it was no big deal. It’s no big deal. Like, ‘Oh, Bobby likes George Bush. Who cares? Who gives a f**k.’'

He continued, "You know, you were a supporter of Bill Clinton. He liked George Bush. Nobody cared. Nobody like, ‘F**k you.’ It wasn’t like, ‘You’re a Nazi.’ ‘What do you mean I’m a Nazi? I just want lower taxes.’'

To this, The Rock asked, "What the f**k are you talking about?" Rogan added, "How did I become a Nazi, you know?" The former wrestler concurred, "It’s the craziest thing. I have friends who support Trump. I have friends who support Biden."

Rogan interjected, "Do you really have some friends who support Biden?" Johnson laughed and replied, "Well, no, no. No, no, no! Here’s what I do. I have friends, thank you, that’s a good check. Because that’s important."

"This is important context," he continued, as Rogan laughed. The host helped him out, saying, "They support the Democratic Party."

Joe Rogan heaps praise on Dustin Rhodes

Rogan was full of praise for Dustin Rhodes in the episode. Looking back at the WWE 1996 Survivor Series debut match, the Rock was appreciative of all the other celebrities present. He could not have been the night's biggest star without their support and recognition, he noted.

Rogan spoke about Dustin Rhodes, also known as Goldust, after this. Looking back, the two saw the Rock pin Goldust in his WWE debut match as Rocky Maivia. Dwayne identified the man as Goldust while watching the video.

Joe Rogan said, “That guy was amazing.” Even though Rogan used to be critical of professional wrestling, it seems that he is now starting to recognize the legacy of the industry's stars.

Tags news