Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Where is Kevin Spacey after sex assault trial? Actor might quit Hollywood as producers worry he is not 'worth the risk'

2023-09-26 21:22
According to some observers, it is difficult to picture Kevin Spacey rebuilding his career, at least in the US, anytime soon
Where is Kevin Spacey after sex assault trial? Actor might quit Hollywood as producers worry he is not 'worth the risk'

LONDON, ENGLAND: Kevin Spacey was eventually found not guilty on all nine counts of sexual assault and indecent exposure in a London court, but sources say it could be difficult for him to resume life as a Hollywood A-lister. The American actor has been residing in an apartment in London as he ponders his next move.

According to a well-known American columnist, Spacey's career continues to be "canceled" in his home country.

Sally Greene, one of Spacey's close friends, believes that the two-time Oscar winner might extend his stay in London, rather than return to his native country, as per Daily Mail.

While speaking at the 'Behind The Shoulder Pads' book launch event for Dame Joan Collins at Apollo's Muse in Mayfair, Greene noted, "I'm glad he [Kevin Spacey] got off. That's all I can say."

Spacey was chosen by Greene in 2004 to serve as artistic director of the Old Vic theater in the nation's capital.

In the end, Greene believes Spacey is "over it," stating "he's all right."

Kevin Spacey's US return might prove challenging

It might be an uphill battle for Spacey to return to Hollywood. According to Los Angeles Times columnist Mary McNamara, it is difficult to picture him rebuilding his career, at least in the US, anytime soon.

McNamara stated, "His fall was epic and, frankly, exhausting; it would take a solid group of A-list supporters to bring him back into the fold. Thus far, they have not shown themselves."

A return to Hollywood, in McNamara's opinion, won't be successful for Spacey. She claims that American producers simply won't consider him "worth the risk."

Despite being exonerated in a criminal trial, he was compelled to pay the production company of 'House of Cards' $31 million for contract violations, per Mirror.

Kevin Spacey claimed to be 'a big flirt'

After 20 unidentified individuals accused Spacey of illicit conduct, The Old Vic looked into his 11-year employment.

The 64-year-old actor from 'Usual Suspects' and 'House of Cards' denied the charges of sexual assault by claiming that he was merely a "big flirt"—an explanation that was accepted by the jury.

Although the theater confessed it was unable to confirm the allegations, it did acknowledge that Spacey's position might have discouraged junior staff members or young performers from coming out.

It declared that it was "deeply dismayed" by the claims of a "range" of unlawful conduct and was dedicated to establishing a secure working environment.

In June 2023, a jury in London found Spacey not guilty of sexual assault, sparing the Oscar winner from a potential jail sentence and giving him hope for a fresh start in his career after six years of unemployment.

Spacey remarked in court, "My world exploded. There was a rush to judgment and before the first question was asked or answered, I lost my job, I lost my reputation, I lost everything in a matter of days."

There were nine charges against Spacey, including several instances of sexual assault and one allegation of inciting unwanted penetrative intercourse. Before rendering their decision, the jury debated for 12.5 hours across three days.

As the final "not guilty" decision was announced, Spacey's eyes began to well up with tears. The Academy Award winner smiled at the panel, covered the collar of his blue suit with his pink shirt, and said, "Thank you." It was his 64th birthday.

Tags news