Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I know your name': UFC chief Dana White pays tribute to MMA fighter Shalie Lipp after fatal car crash

2023-05-14 16:59
Shalie Lipp, a rising star in the MMA world, was killed in a car crash on Sunday, May 7
'I know your name': UFC chief Dana White pays tribute to MMA fighter Shalie Lipp after fatal car crash

CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA: UFC president Dana White has reacted to the tragic death of young MMA fighter Shalie Lipp. Lipp, 21, had the dream of carving a niche in the MMA world, but a car crash killed the rising star on Sunday, May 7.

Lipp was traveling in a 2015 Chevrolet in Malibu when her car collided with a 2017 Jeep Cherokee at the I-94 bridge linking Fargo-Moorhead. She was the only person injured in the crash and was not wearing a seat belt during the time of the accident, reports Marca.

READ MORE

Who is Dana White’s wife? UFC chief apologizes for slapping wife Anne White at New Year’s Eve party

UFC boss Dana White hailed as 'American visionary' for ban on talking 'about Covid or politics' in the ring

The UFC president took to his Instagram on May 11 to commemorate the death of the up-and-coming mixed martial artist by saying, “@shalielipp I KNOW YOUR NAME……. RIP.” He also explained later in the post that Lipp’s mother found her journal after her death where after every entry she would write, "Dana White will know my name.” White explained, “She is a 21 year old amateur MMA fighter who just passed away in a car accident. She was supposed to fight May 20th and just got home from training in Thailand. Her mother found her journal and i guess at the end of every entry she would write “Dana White will know my name.” Lauren Murphy called and told Mick Maynard the story and it broke my heart.. My condolences to her family and friends.”

Lipp was an amateur fighter at MMA and had just returned after training in Thailand. She was scheduled to challenge Natalie Gauge for the title at Ignite No Mercy 11 in Detroit Lakes on May 20.

'That one got me'

When asked about Lipp’s death at a post-match press conference at UFC Charlotte, White said he was shaken by the news. He said, "That girl hurt me bad. It messed me up for a few days. Tragic things happen every day. That one got me....” He explained, “Her mom found her journal and at the end of every entry she wrote, 'Dana White will know my name’.”

White added, "I posted about her. I've talked to her mom a couple of times. I think I've been annoying her mom since I found out [about the story]. I did the best I could do over the last several days."

UFC honors Shalie Lipp

At the UFC Charlotte event, Lipp was honored by the organizers as a sticker of her name was put on the cage door leading to the arena.

Tags news epcelebs