Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I just keep my mouth shut': Dixie and Charli D’Amelio open up about hateful comments, mental health and panic attacks

2023-05-10 15:48
Charli D’Amelio shared her experiences with anxiety and panic attacks, while her sister Dixie breaks down in tears over hurtful comments she’s received online
'I just keep my mouth shut': Dixie and Charli D’Amelio open up about hateful comments, mental health and panic attacks

Dixie and Charli D’Amelio are a sister duo of TikTok who've gained an enormous following since their debut in 2019. Despite their incredible success, the sisters have experienced the struggles of viral fame firsthand.

Charli, 19, is the second most-followed person on TikTok, with almost 150 million followers, while Dixie, 21 has more than 57 million followers on TikTok.

READ MORE

Charli D'Amelio: TikTok star's top 5 makeup-free moments in photos

TikTok Star Charli D'Amelio: All about her dating life, family, and more

'So I just keep my mouth shut and go to therapy'

In their Hulu reality series titled 'The D’Amelio Show', the siblings and their family candidly discuss the challenges that come along with being social media stars, including the hateful comments and the effects on their mental health.

Charli shared her experiences with anxiety and panic attacks, while Dixie breaks down in tears over hurtful comments she’s received online. Though the journey has not always been easy, the D’Amelio family continues to persevere and inspire their fans with their honesty and vulnerability.

“It’s just so much easier to not answer anything,” Charli said in a recent interview with FN regarding hate comments online. “So I just keep my mouth shut and go to therapy.”

Charli has been an advocate for mental health, often speaking candidly about her struggles and experiences with therapy, which calms her anxiety. She has used her platform to encourage her fans to take care of their mental health and practice self-care and self-love. She has also been vocal in her support of the fight against cyberbullying and the need to be kind to one another online.

“I think it’s incredibly important if you are in a position where you can talk to a professional, get help, and don’t be scared to ask for it. And don’t be scared to apply yourself in therapy,” Charli said.

What helps Dixie and Charli D’Amelio through anxiety?

Dixie and Charli have already experienced the ups and downs of social media fame. Despite the negative comments and intense scrutiny, both sisters have developed successful coping mechanisms that have helped them navigate the stresses of being in the public eye.

Their family says they are better at tuning out negativity and avoiding engaging with hate comments as much as possible.

Dixie said, “We obviously have our own separate feelings and emotions, but we do have most of the same coping mechanisms.” She further added “I just keep my friends really close and I have a very good group that I don’t post about and no one knows about. And just having them and living with my sister and being so close with my family has been so amazing.”

"We have a really tight-knit group of us four, and we lean on each other, and I think we're comfortable in our own skin even through this process," said their father, Marc. "And it's as simple as not looking at it and not allowing it to affect you."

Introducing D’Amelio brands

Their latest venture, a family business that's taking off, will lay the framework for a true family business that will create products under the D’Amelio name, starting with footwear.

Aside from creating must-have products, they're also paving the way for the financial future of the dynamic duo, Dixie and Charli. With all the hard work they put into social media, they plan to utilize their influence into building a real financial safety net.

Tags news epcelebs