Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Anna Duggar being held hostage? 'Counting On' alum's lack of social media presence after Josh Duggar's arrest sparks speculations

2023-07-18 09:18
Will Jim Bob Duggar never allow Anna Duggra be alone? Internet speculates 'Counting On' patriarch to be afraid of truth coming out
Is Anna Duggar being held hostage? 'Counting On' alum's lack of social media presence after Josh Duggar's arrest sparks speculations

TONTITOWN, ARKANSAS: 'Counting On' fans must have noticed that ever since Josh Duggar's arrest we have not noticed much of Anna Duggar. She has not posted anything on social media, not did any interviews, and has never been given any chance to present her side of view. This made many wonder whether Anna is being kept as a hostage in the Duggar household.

Internet claims that Jim Bob Duggar will never take a chance on Anna "leaving and marrying somebody else." Because if this happens, it will lead to the spilling of even more bitter truths. Internet speculates that now there is almost a very sleek chance of Josh coming out from prison, will Anna be ever left to live a single life?

Is Anna Duggar being kept hostage?

An internet user took to the Reddit thread with the title, "Is Anna being kept hostage?" The user further explained, "JB will never take a chance on Anna ever leaving & marrying somebody else because if she married somebody (like Jill married Derick), she could be influenced to give interviews, write books, get another documentary since mainstream media would want to know all about it especially since they covered Josh’s arrest." The user speculated that after the 'Shiny Happy People' docuseries and Jill's upcoming book, Jim Bob must be nervous about what more could happen ahead. The user writes, "I could imagine JB being nervous Anna may ever one day get close to her sister Rebekah and her wealthy husband."

Will Anna Duggar be given a chance to live single life?

Maybe not! The user claims, "In JB’s mind, Derick is the reason for Jill agreeing to do SHP and I don’t think JB will ever allow Anna the chance to be alone again now. Any progress JB makes to the family’s reputation can be undone by Anna if she ever decides to try to escape." Another user agreed saying, "ABSOLUTELY. Anna no doubt has been conditioned for absolute forgiveness towards her “headship,” that it makes her a BETTER wife and woman of God to stay with a man as lost as Pest, and that she exemplifies Christ Himself to her children by staying, since Christ also practices radical forgiveness."

A user dug out the reason for Anna's stay in Duggar household, saying, "I think the bigger issue is I personally don’t think you can sufficiently support eight people on a single unskilled worker’s wage. At best they’d be living in poverty. It’s true that anyone can work, but I don’t think everyone can earn a living for them and their family." "Anna may not want to leave now but if she ever wants to in the future, I don’t see her having an easy way out because I wouldn’t put it past JB to try everything in his power to monitor her," commented another.

Anna Duggar along with her seven kids lives with Duggar family in Tontitown, Arkansas. She even planned to move to Texas to be closer to her husband Josh as he served his prison sentence at the Federal Correctional Institute in Seagoville, Texas. However, Anna changed her mind later.