Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Bruce Buffer wants Logan Paul vs Paddy Pimblett to take place in UFC: 'I’d love to see that fight'

2023-07-16 15:21
Logan Paul wants to make his UFC debut on the Elon Musk vs Mark Zuckerberg undercard and is willing to fight for free
Bruce Buffer wants Logan Paul vs Paddy Pimblett to take place in UFC: 'I’d love to see that fight'

AUSTIN, TEXAS: Logan Paul, who has a wrestling background and has previously fought in boxing, has indicated an interest in competing in MMA. Additionally, since he is friendly with Dana White, he recently requested to compete against Paddy Pimblett inside the Octagon.

Logan Paul stated on his podcast, “If Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg fight, I will do my UFC debut on the undercard for free. I’ll fight for free, for charity… [I’ll fight] Anyone. You know [who] I want to fight actually? Because b***h a** Andrew Tate won’t fight me, give me Paddy Pimblett! Give me ‘Paddy the Baddy’. In the offseason, that boy looks like a blimp and he’ll come to my weight class and I’ll wallop him. He’s too small when he cuts weight, when he doesn’t cut weight he’s a f**king horseshoe.”

'I’d love to see Logan Paul just walk in'

Although Logan Paul is eager to square off against Paddy Pimblett in the UFC, it's unclear whether the organization would be interested in the matchup. Bruce Buffer, an announcer for the Octagon, thinks Logan Paul competing in the UFC would be huge and really hopes he fights Paddy Pimblett.

“I’d love to see that fight. First off, I’d love to see Logan Paul just walk in no matter who he fights, and I’ll tell you why. When you have an influencer like him that has such a far reach, he will bring eyeballs to the UFC that have not even gone onto the UFC. So, he’s a wrestler, he has a wrestling base, he’s a fantastic athlete,” Bruce Buffer said to The Schmo about Paul vs Pimblett.

“Match him up properly with an opponent. Paddy Pimblett would be a huge fight. Who would not wanna tune in and watch that fight? It’s great ratings, it’s not Musk and Zuckerberg, but it’s pretty darn close. It would really bring a lot of eyeballs. So, if Logan wants to train, go in and be a warrior, and do it, more power to him. Why not?” he added.

Musk vs Zuckerberg

Musk vs Zuckerberg would be the best-case scenario for wealthy CEOs of the tech industry to really engage in combat. In terms of stature alone, Musk, 51, is larger than Zuckerberg and has admitted to participating in "real hard-core street fights" while growing up in South Africa.

While this is going on, 39-year-old MMA aspirant Zuckerberg is already dominating Jiu-Jitsu competitions. Additionally, he asserts that he just finished the taxing Murph challenge workout in less than 40 minutes.

Musk initially proposed the notion of a cage battle on Twitter, responding to a post about Instagram's then-upcoming competitor app Threads by writing, "I'm up for a cage match if he is lol."

The next day, Zuckerberg reacted with an Instagram post that featured an image of Musk's tweet with the message "send me location"—a play on the well-known remark made by former UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov.