Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Joe Alwyn looks stoic and unfazed in his first public appearance since Taylor Swift break up

2023-05-24 18:50
Joe Alwyn was photographed attending Celine’s dinner at Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc amid the ongoing Cannes Film Festival in France
Joe Alwyn looks stoic and unfazed in his first public appearance since Taylor Swift break up

ANTIBES, FRANCE: Joe Alwyn seems to be doing just fine since parting ways with Taylor Swift. The British actor, 32, attended his first public event since the breakup on Monday, May 22, as he was photographed at Celine’s dinner at Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc amid the ongoing Cannes Film Festival in France.

The 'Last Letter From Your Lover' actor looked dapper in a trendy black suit worn over a pale pink satin button-down shirt, which he left partially unbuttoned to reveal his white undershirt. Alwyn accessorized the chic ensemble with a pair of black sunglasses and a simple gold chain around his neck and completed the look with a pair of black dress shoes.

READ MORE

Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn were only 'on a break' but actor allegedly 'leaked' news saying they had split

'April 29': TikTok trend goes viral amid Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn breakup

'It ran its course'

The star-studded soirée was also attended by model Kaia Gerber, who oozed glamor in a silver gown beneath a white fur coat, and acclaimed rapper Future, who rocked a classic tuxedo for the evening. While Alwyn certainly appeared chill and unbothered, he reportedly felt "slighted and is distraught” that his ex-girlfriend moved on so quickly following their split after more than six years together. “It wasn’t dramatic,” a source told Page Six in April. “[The relationship] just ran its course.”

Earlier this month, Swift, 33, grabbed headlines for her "budding romance" with The 1975 frontman Matty Healy, whom she has known since 2014. Speaking to the Daily Mail, a source with knowledge said Alwyn was upset because he put his "trust" in the Grammy-winning songstress when she told him she and Healy, 34, were just "friends." The insider said, "Joe feels slighted and is distraught after seeing her budding relationship with Matt, but is doing his best to keep busy and focus on himself." "Joe was aware that Taylor and Matt were making music together and collaborating," they added, noting that "she told him that they had become friends and he trusted her." The source also clarified that there was no "overlap" between Joe and Matty.

'Never been this happy'

On the other hand, Swift is said to be on cloud nine. “I kind of feel like telling you — I don’t know — I’ve just never been this happy in my life, in all aspects of my life ever before,” the 'Blank Space' hitmaker gushed to concertgoers during Saturday’s show of her Eras Tour. “And I just want to thank you for being a part of that. It’s not just the tour. I just sort of feel like my life finally feels like it makes sense," she added. Healy has notably been caught attending Swift’s concerts over the past few weeks, hanging out with her after shows, kissing her in public, leaving her recording studio, as well as sneaking into her apartment. In fact, the rocker was also photographed sitting with her dad in one of her performances, per Page Six.

“Taylor and Matty like each other," a source told Entertainment Tonight. "Taylor has a crush on Matty and they are having a good time hanging out. Matty also thinks Taylor is awesome and incredibly talented too. They dated briefly in the past.” Meanwhile, Alwyn has reportedly been “doing his best to keep busy and focus on himself.”

Tags news epcelebs