Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What did Mindy Kaling say about her weight loss? 'The Office' alum is done talking about it, says 'people take it so personally’

2023-07-19 06:50
'I eat what I like to eat. If I do any kind of restrictive diet, it never really works for me. I just eat less of it,' Mindy Kaling said
What did Mindy Kaling say about her weight loss? 'The Office' alum is done talking about it, says 'people take it so personally’

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Mindy Kaling does not want to waste any more time talking about her weight loss as she says people are taking it “so personally.” 'The Office' alum was asked in an interview with Allure published Tuesday, July 18, if she wants to say anything to those people who felt they’ve lost “an ally” in the body inclusivity movement after the actor's dramatic weight loss.

The 44-year-old six-time Primetime Emmy Award nominee was quick to shut it down as she said, "It’s not super exciting for me to talk about my body and how it’s analyzed."

What did Mindy Kaling say about her weight loss?

“So I think I’m just not going to get into it because it takes over the conversation unfortunately and people take it so personally,” Kaling added before the interviewer proceeded to ask her about her children. Recently, the 'Never Have I Ever' actress noted she was the “healthiest [she has] been in years” after shedding more than 40 pounds. “That’s a pretty damn good gift, right?” she shared via Instagram alongside a photo of her daughter, Katherine, five, and her son, Spencer, two, last month.

'I know people are really interested in my body'

This is not the first time though the actress has acknowledged the remarks regarding her changing figure. “I know people are really interested in my body and the changes in my body, and I think it’s flattering. Sometimes it’s just a little much, so I don’t try to tune it in too much,” she told People in May. Instead, she spoke about how much “time and energy” she is putting into “trying to be healthy.” “I just tell myself I have to do basically 20 miles a week of either hiking or running. And so that’s been incredibly helpful to me,” she told the outlet.

Additionally, Kailing said that she “basically lives” in workout clothes these days and has made fitness a “big commitment” in her life. “It’s hard with two kids [but] I wake up really early and I fit it in,” she continued. “I’m feeling really confident in my body these days, which is not something that I’ve been able to say for my whole life, unfortunately … I feel great.”

Besides, the 'Sex Lives of College Girls' creator, who oozed her fit physique at the Oscars and on the Met Gala red carpet, got even more frank about her other weight loss strategies. “I eat what I like to eat. If I do any kind of restrictive diet, it never really works for me. I just eat less of it,” Kaling told Entertainment Tonight in April last year. “I wish there was something more juicy or dynamic about the way that I’ve lost a little bit of weight, but that’s the way I’ve done it.”

Tags news