Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Fan gives IShowSpeed IRL donation during his Japan trip: ‘I got cash, you want cash’

2023-07-18 16:59
Donations play a big role in live streaming since they are a major source of money
Fan gives IShowSpeed IRL donation during his Japan trip: ‘I got cash, you want cash’

CINCINNATI, OHIO: Darren "IShowSpeed" Watkins Jr, a popular YouTube streamer, unexpectedly got a donation from a fan in person rather than through YouTube. Donations play a big role in live streaming since they are a major source of money for many streamers. To send messages that stand out in the conversation, fans can give money.

They might use it as an opportunity to express their support for their preferred streamer. Streamers have occasionally discovered donations that really blew them away. A recent gift of around IDR 777,000 was given to xQc, sending ripples through the streamer community. But when a real-world donation came from a fan, IShowSpeed outdid even xQc.

‘I got cash, you want cash? How much cash?’

One of the streamers with the highest growth is the young YouTube sensation IShowSpeed. He receives a lot of contributions on his broadcasts, which is not surprising. However, the 18-year-old had an unexpected event on his most recent broadcast.

During a recent trip to Japan, IShowSpeed went on a date with a rental girlfriend. Even better, Speed broadcast the entire date live on his YouTube channel. But he was having trouble using his card to make payments while on his trip. However, one fan present choose to support Speed with a monetary donation as opposed to a YouTube Superchat.

“I got cash, you want cash? How much cash?,” he said. The 18-year-old was perplexed when a fan offered to pay him money. He said he needed JPY 2,000, and without hesitation, she gave him that amount. Speed was astounded to have such an experience. He thanked the fan for lending him the money and promptly reimbursed the amount through mobile banking.

Speed’s popularity in Japan

Speed was surprised by the amount of attention the Japanese crowd paid him. He was also visibly taken aback by the real-time JPY 2,000 cash donation, which only proved that his streaming success is not limited to the US.

After IShowSpeed's Snapchat Story went viral, his automobile was overrun by Japanese admirers. They were snapping photographs of the Ohio-native while applauding for him. The American rapper Travis Scott's video, in which no one in Japan recognized him, was compared by some fans to this one.