Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why did Marina Perera quit 'The Golden Bachelor'? Contestant leaves dating show before second rose ceremony

2023-10-06 11:15
This week's episode of 'The Golden Bachelor' didn't feature Marina Perera, and a post on the show's X account reveals that she had to depart for family obligations
Why did Marina Perera quit 'The Golden Bachelor'? Contestant leaves dating show before second rose ceremony

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Marina Perera was not seen on this week's episode of 'The Golden Bachelor,' and according to a post on the show's X account, she had to depart due to family obligations. Despite receiving a rose from Gerry Turner, the educator was absent from the season's second episode.

Gerry has lost one possible partner. Marina, a Los Angeles-based schoolteacher, was no longer in the mansion on the second episode of 'The Golden Bachelor,' which surprised fans considering that she had won a rose during the season premiere.

Following her absence, fans learned that the 60-year-old participant elected to leave the competition due to an urgent family emergency.

Marina Perera left a video note for 'The Golden Bachelor' Gerry Turner

Jesse Palmer, the franchise's host, revealed the news to Gerry in a video shared on social media. "Marina's had a situation with her family back home. She's no longer here now, but she did want the opportunity to speak to you, if that's OK," Jesse said Gerry before calling Marina on FaceTime.

"The thing I wanted to tell you, I'm a single mom, and I had to choose my family and support my family's needs at this time," Marina stated to Gerry. "I am sorry that I had to leave, but at the same time, I had to get my priorities straight."

"I fully understand commitment to family overrides just about everything else," Gerry answered Marina. "I really respect you for doing what you've done. I agree with you 100 percent that you need to put your family needs before everything else."

Who is still in the running for Gerry Turner's heart on 'The Golden Bachelor'?

Marina quit willingly for family reasons, leaving just 12 ladies in the running.

Gerry stated to the contestants, "I have strong feelings for all of you."

Gerry had previously given roses to Theresa Nist and Nancy Hulkower after their first one-on-one and group dates of the season. He also gave roses to Leslie Fhima, Joan Yvonne Vassos, Edith Aguirre, Ellen Goltzer, Sandra Mason, Susan Noles, Christina Kempton, Faith Martin, April Kirkwood, and Kathy Swarts at the event. He became teary-eyed while removing others.

'The Golden Bachelor' airs every Thursday on ABC at 8 pm ET.