Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Anna Nicole Smith's ex Larry Birkhead won custody battle to shield his daughter from 'dark' temptations

2023-05-19 23:29
After Anne Nicole Smith's death, Larry Birkhead and Dannielynn relocated from the Bahamas to his home in Kentucky, where they live a peaceful life
Anna Nicole Smith's ex Larry Birkhead won custody battle to shield his daughter from 'dark' temptations

LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY: The tragic yet infamous story of Anna Nicole Smith is one that the world will never forget. Born Vickie Lynn Hogan, the late Hollywood star, who was once at the pinnacle of pop culture, began her career as a Playboy model before steering her way to acting. Despite being an "icon of female perfection,” Smith experienced some overwhelming hurdles throughout her career.

Likened to Marilyn Monroe, Smith underwent multiple cosmetic procedures and lived with continual pain, which eventually led to her addiction to pain pills. Without a question, the "Skyscraper" actress enjoyed a life that was the center of attention during her heyday. Apart from being a sex symbol, Smith was also a savvy businesswoman who hired lawyer Howard K. Stern. He was her legal counsel and business manager who made sure that her affairs were well-managed. Smith and Stern's relationship began on a professional level, but it quickly became amorous when she kissed him impulsively, according to Amomama.

READ MORE

Where is Anna Nicole Smith's daughter now? Dannielynn Birkhead shuns mom's infamous legacy

'Hopelessly in Love: Anna Nicole Smith and Larry Birkhead' Review: A love torn apart by fame and controversy

'I was in love the first time'

Reflecting on that pivotal moment, Smith admitted to People that "I knew I was in love the first time I kissed him." On September 7, 2006, the ‘Addicted To Fame’ star gave birth to her daughter Dannielynn Hope, who she claimed was Stern’s daughter. The birth of their daughter prompted them to arrange a commitment ceremony in the Bahamas on September 28, 2006, to solidify their familial tie. However, things took an unexpected turn soon after Dannielynn’s birth when Smith died from an accidental prescription drug overdose on February 8, 2007.

'She was everything to me, literally everything'

Smith’s death was believed to be a result of "combined drug intoxication", according to the Sun. Following her death, Stern remembered her as his “whole world”. “She was my best friend, my lover, the mother of my daughter. She was everything to me, literally everything,” he told People. However, Stern was accused of assisting Smith in illegally obtaining prescription medicines shortly after her untimely death. He was arrested, but the criminal charges against him were quickly withdrawn by the court.

An unexpected development emerged after entertainment reporter and photographer Larry Birkhead, who began dating Smith in 2004, claimed to be the biological father of Dannielynn. He stated that Smith had notified him of the paternity and he even had supported her during her pregnancy checkups, as per Daily Mail. He also revealed that once Dannielynn was born, Smith refused to contact him and suppressed information about the arrival of their daughter. Birkhead then sought legal help and demanded Dannielynn’s return to California for a paternity test.

'Dannielynn has shunned her mother’s infamous persona'

Smith's friend remembered that legal battle as utterly chaotic, noting, "There was such a circus when she died." Two months after the actress’ untimely death, Birkhead was given sole custody of Dannielynn after the DNA test proved that he was indeed her biological father. Birkhead and his seven-month-old daughter relocated from the Bahamas to his home in Kentucky, where they live a peaceful life. Dannielynn has shunned her mother’s infamous persona and leads a quiet life with her dad. Birkhead previously revealed that his daughter simply wants to be her own person but still views comparisons to her mother as praise.

The 50-year-old American celebrity photographer revealed to TMZ in May 2021 that his 16-year-old daughter had declined the number of modeling and acting opportunities over the years. He also added that acting really isn't Dannielynn's 'thing' and acknowledged she doesn't have a modeling portfolio as she prefers to stay away from the limelight. But the possibility of acting isn't entirely gone, as Birkhead claimed that Dannielynn would surely accept a part on 'The Mandalorian' or 'Stranger Things'. His decision to prioritize her well-being over publicity demonstrates the importance of parental love and protection in the face of adversity.