Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

‘RHOA’ alum Nene Leakes slammed for suggesting return to Bravo show just for fans: ‘Damage is done’

2023-07-06 12:22
NeNe Leakes had filed and later withdrawn a lawsuit against Bravo, Andy Cohen and RHOA's production company
‘RHOA’ alum Nene Leakes slammed for suggesting return to Bravo show just for fans: ‘Damage is done’

ATLANTA, GEORGIA: NeNe Leakes, known for her outspoken nature, has been absent from the 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' for some time, but that hasn't stopped her from sharing her thoughts. Fans have noticed the struggle faced by the 'RHOA' cast since NeNe's departure after Season 12 as key players like Kandi Burruss and Kenya Moore are finding it challenging to recreate the vibrant energy Atlanta is famous for without their co-stars Porsha Williams and NeNe.

During a recent encounter with TMZ, NeNe acknowledged the impact of her absence on Bravo's beloved series. When asked about the importance of her presence in bringing life back to the show, she expressed her openness to return for the sake of her fans. However, this statement received backlash from her supporters, who criticized her for considering a comeback solely because of her fans, rather than expressing genuine personal desire to return.

Also Read: Internet gushes over Kourtney Kardashian's long hair as she flaunts baby bump: 'This is a new vibe'

Is Nene Leakes coming back to 'RHOA'?

During a recent encounter with TMZ, NeNe explained that she was aware of the significant impact her absence has had on the Bravo series. When asked about the importance of its two original cast members to rejuvenate 'RHOA', NeNe had a straightforward response, stating, "Well, I'd just say, look at the ratings." She emphasized that the ratings themselves would provide a clear answer. When questioned about the possibility of her return to the show, NeNe expressed her willingness, saying, "I would come back for the fans. Because the fans are the ones who love me... they're the ones who love to see me in this position. And I would do anything for them." As the conversation continued, NeNe was asked about her absence in the flashback scenes. In response, she speculated that Bravo intentionally edited her out to boost their ratings. NeNe believed that her omission from the flashback scenes would pique fans' curiosity, ultimately leading to increased viewership in the subsequent episodes.

'If you wanna come back, just say it'

Also Read: Who is Kady Cannon? Kyle Richards and Morgan Wade affair rumors escalate after cryptic note from singer's ex

NeNe's remarks regarding her potential return to 'RHOA' received criticism from fans, who promptly called her out on an Instagram post. They urged her to make her decision based on her own desires rather than involving fans. One said, "She made that bed lol . U know u wanna return . That lawsuit u filed . The damage is done. The bridge is burnt." Another said, "Um you ruined that when you called bravo racist you’re not coming back…" Some claimed, "When Nene pulled the racism card, it was over . They not bringing her back , which sucks for them bc the ratings need her." Another commented, "Umm nope - and as for ratings - I enjoy the show without her. Marlo can go too! Loved Nene but the person that showed up when Gregg was I’ll was not pretty. Then the things that came out her mouth about Bravo execs and the lawsuit was her undoing." Another observed, "Baby you ruined that chance when you made all them allegations against those people. Whether ratings are A1 or not, that show will continue without her. This is why you don’t speak out of emotion smh." Another added, "Girl just publicly apologize to Andy and the network so we can get you back on there."

Why was Nene Leakes fired from 'RHOA'?

Also Read: Internet slams Sonja Morgan as 'RHONY' alum claims she 'popped' liposuction stitch during sex with a trucker: 'Hope she doesn't take a STD back to NY'

In a YouTube video titled 'Listen Closely, I got something to tell you!' uploaded on September 17, 2021, NeNe made a significant announcement to her fans. She stated that she won't be part of 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' for Season 13. Sharing her decision, she revealed, "I have been on an extremely, extremely long, exhausting, tiring, emotional negotiation. There has been a lot of emotion flying on both sides. It has been hard, and I have made the very hard and difficult decision to not be a part of 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Season 13." Furthermore, NeNe took legal action against Bravo, Andy Cohen, and RHOA's production company, filing a lawsuit claiming a culture that tolerates racially-insensitive and inappropriate behavior. However, a few months later, the reality star filed documents to dismiss the lawsuit. Despite this, many remain skeptical about the possibility of her return, as there seems to be lingering animosity between NeNe and the network, making her chances of a comeback seem unlikely.

More from MEAWW

Who is Anji Nyquist? ‘Jeopardy!’ contestant mocked for her accent by fans bags unexpected victory

Hailey Bieber's honest disclaimer on pizza toast video sparks fans' desire to 'protect' her from hateful trolls