Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Pink supporting Britney Spears? Singer changes 'Don't Let Me Get Me' lyrics amid pop star's divorce from Sam Asghari

2023-08-18 21:24
Pink sang 'Sweet Britney Spears,' instead the actual lines, 'Tired of being compared to damn Britney Spears'
Is Pink supporting Britney Spears? Singer changes 'Don't Let Me Get Me' lyrics amid pop star's divorce from Sam Asghari

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Model Sam Asghari recently filed for divorce from pop princess Britney Spears, alleging "irreconcilable differences," as per TMZ.

Spears, 41, and Asghari, 29, both kept silent about the matter, but as rumors spread, Asghari shared a statement on his Instagram story on Thursday, August 17, pleading for kindness and consideration.

Is Pink supporting Britney Spears?

Asghari and Britney have a huge fan following. The devoted followers have responded strongly ever since the news of their breakup broke. While some favored the pop princess, others sided with the actor.

Now, it appears Britney has a new admirer in the entertainment industry. Pink is currently in the news for her support of Britney Spears as she goes through her divorce from Sam Asghari.

Pink modified the lyrics to her song 'Don't Let Me Get Me' at the Summer Carnival tour's Detroit stop to express her love for Spears.

The 'Cover Me In Sunshine' singer states in the original song that she is sick of being compared to Spears.

However, at the concert in Detroit, Pink sang "Sweet Britney Spears," instead of "Tired of being compared to damn Britney Spears." The rest of the line is, "She's so pretty / That just ain't me."

How did fans react to Pink's apparent support for Britney Spears?

The audience screamed out, "aww," when they heard the altered lyrics, showing appreciation for the gesture.

Pink told People that she has always felt like a big sister to the 'Sometimes' singer, despite the fact that the lyric was long thought to be a jab at Spears.

"People think I was picking on Britney on 'Don’t Let Me Get Me,' but I've always felt like a big sister to her," Pink told the outlet at the time. "I'm very protective of her, and she's the sweetest person in the world."

Pink's video on social media received praise from fans. A user wrote, "Aww that’s the kind of support she needs ❤️❤️"

Another said, "Love this! People need to give her grace this poor human can only take so much!"

"Pink is always so supportive of Britney 🩷🫶🏻 I hope one day they can collab," a user said.

"So awesome, love Pink even more for doing that!! ♥️♥️" someone noted.

Tags news epcelebs